Canadian Disney Gift Cards

Odd question.... Sorry if asked before did not read through the 19 pages fully. I have 990 canadian on a gc, so around 660 762 US, it wont let me transfer any more on to it. I though the limit per card was 1000 US.

Anyone else have this issue?
I did. I tried a few different cards and they all stopped allowing me to transfer once I hit around 800US.

Hey guys! No luck shopping for cards in Nova Scotia ☹️
Canada day weekend, I plan on heading to New Brunswick, has anyone found them there? I think I’ll pop across the boarder to Maine for an hour or so as well and find one for US currency, does anyone know where the quickest place will be to get one? It’ll be 2+ hours to Bangor just for a gift card

I have found them in both Walmart's in Fredericton....maybe try the Walmart in Moncton if you are coming from that direction.

Hey guys! No luck shopping for cards in Nova Scotia ☹️
Canada day weekend, I plan on heading to New Brunswick, has anyone found them there? I think I’ll pop across the boarder to Maine for an hour or so as well and find one for US currency, does anyone know where the quickest place will be to get one? It’ll be 2+ hours to Bangor just for a gift card

You should inquire with management at stores near you - Walmart, Shoppers? They sometimes have control of what they can bring no bring in. Just a thought!

Does anyone know if you can use you Walmart cc money that you earn using the credit card to purchase gc at Walmart?
Also, how do you use a GF to pay for cruises and/or trips to Disney World?

Quick question, are the WDW giftcards available at all Canadian Disney Stores? If yes, can I get 1 card in a specific denomination? I'd like to get about $500 CAD worth. They have them at my local Walmart but only in denominations of $25 and I would prefer not to have to buy 20 of them at a time lol.

I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that. The closest Disney store to me is over an hour away.

I'd suggest phoning your closest store location and asking them. BUT get them to check the back of the card to make sure it specifically says the card can be used for Disney Parks, Cruises, etc. I'm positive I heard there are two types of Disney gift cards out there. One that is only good for use in the Disney store itself and the other for tickets, parks, cruises, etc.

Quick question, are the WDW giftcards available at all Canadian Disney Stores? If yes, can I get 1 card in a specific denomination? I'd like to get about $500 CAD worth. They have them at my local Walmart but only in denominations of $25 and I would prefer not to have to buy 20 of them at a time lol.

Shoppers Drugmart here in London ON sells cards that can be activated for any amount up to $500. With the Canadian dollar sinking, I'm going to go out and buy one and transfer the balance to my US gift card to try lock in a rate. It's a gamble, but with all of the uncertainty with the dollar lately, it will allow some comfort to at least lock in some funds in USD.

Sorry about this, further question.

I decided that I wanted to lock in the current US rate so I purchased a USD e-gfftcard from ShopDisney to transfer my CAD giftcard onto. This all went well (good advice, thanks everyone!) but now I'm wondering, can I transfer the balance back onto the CDN card and keep the USD amount locked in? Basically because the CAD one is a hardcopy giftcard it will be easier for me to keep track of. This is probably a really dumb question lol I can't think of any reason it would suddenly go back to a variable rate but I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this.

Thanks again!

Sorry about this, further question.

I decided that I wanted to lock in the current US rate so I purchased a USD e-gfftcard from ShopDisney to transfer my CAD giftcard onto. This all went well (good advice, thanks everyone!) but now I'm wondering, can I transfer the balance back onto the CDN card and keep the USD amount locked in? Basically because the CAD one is a hardcopy giftcard it will be easier for me to keep track of. This is probably a really dumb question lol I can't think of any reason it would suddenly go back to a variable rate but I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this.

Thanks again!
Pure speculation on my part here but i *think* that would be no. Once you put it back onto a CDN card it will once again be in CDN funds wouldn't it? Meaning it would once again be subject to the variable rate when you try to use it in USD funds .. just how my thought process works on this -- could be wrong though. I mean when if you have US cash left when you get home and you choose to switch it back to CDN cash you get the current value and it would be worth a different amount if you turned it back into US cash :confused3

AGAIN this is just a thought of mine, but you could pick up a gift card once you get to Orlando and just transfer the funds onto that from the e-card. If you're flying in and get there during business hours they sell them at the Disney stores in MCO, buy the smallest value you can and then load it up!

Well I'm glad I called our local Sobey's before printing off my vouchers to use towards a Disney Gift Card (with $50 worth of groceries of course) and they don't sell them!!!

So be aware, anyone in Southwestern Ontario, the Sobey's in Amherstburg and St. Clair DO NOT have Disney Gift cards.

I'm really bummed about this cause this was my only chance to use my Airmiles for something useful like the gift cards. Sure I could just use them for groceries, but whats the fun in that? LOL Plus both locations are a good 40 minutes away, so its not worth the trip otherwise.o_O

Well I'm glad I called our local Sobey's before printing off my vouchers to use towards a Disney Gift Card (with $50 worth of groceries of course) and they don't sell them!!!

So be aware, anyone in Southwestern Ontario, the Sobey's in Amherstburg and St. Clair DO NOT have Disney Gift cards.

I'm really bummed about this cause this was my only chance to use my Airmiles for something useful like the gift cards. Sure I could just use them for groceries, but whats the fun in that? LOL Plus both locations are a good 40 minutes away, so its not worth the trip otherwise.o_O
There has been some discussion in the Airmiles thread about people using Sobeys gift cards to buy Shell gift cards and then using those to buy other gift cards. I'm not sure if Shell sells the Disney ones though ... do you have a Shell close that you can check?

ETA -- for that matter what about a Shoppers gift card -- i KNOW they sell the Disney gift cards in SW Ontario

There has been some discussion in the Airmiles thread about people using Sobeys gift cards to buy Shell gift cards and then using those to buy other gift cards. I'm not sure if Shell sells the Disney ones though ... do you have a Shell close that you can check?

ETA -- for that matter what about a Shoppers gift card -- i KNOW they sell the Disney gift cards in SW Ontario

The closest Shell to us doesn't have Disney Gift Cards. :( I could get them at Shoppers (have not looked yet) but I'm not sure how that'll work with my Airmiles.

Guess I better head over to the Airmiles thread! :teleport:

ETA: I just called 2 Shoppers in SW Ontario and neither sells them! :( Can you tell me which locations you've seen them at???

Last edited:

Use your AM to pay for your groceries and then take the value of the AM used and put that into an envelope. When you have enough to justify the trip take that cash and put it on to Disney GC. That way you are using your AM for Disney GC.(in a round about manner). That's the way I rationalize things anyway.

The closest Shell to us doesn't have Disney Gift Cards. :( I could get them at Shoppers (have not looked yet) but I'm not sure how that'll work with my Airmiles.

Guess I better head over to the Airmiles thread! :teleport:

ETA: I just called 2 Shoppers in SW Ontario and neither sells them! :( Can you tell me which locations you've seen them at???
OK -- how to use your AM to get the gift cards you already seem to have that under your belt
  • you cash in some cash miles for an e-voucher at Sobeys and then buy the same value of groceries and tell yourself the gift card is "free" **side note this weekend Sobeys has an offer of buy $150 gift card get 150 AM
You can buy a gift card for Shoppers and then use the same technique of chucking a gift card in that is the same value of the products you are actually buying while at Shoppers.

I have seen the Disney gift cards at ALL of my Shoppers in Guelph - the loadable ones & in most of the stores i've wandered thru while in the PATH in Toronto.

Use your AM to pay for your groceries and then take the value of the AM used and put that into an envelope. When you have enough to justify the trip take that cash and put it on to Disney GC. That way you are using your AM for Disney GC.(in a round about manner). That's the way I rationalize things anyway.
Now THAT method is much less confusing than the one i was trying to awkwardly explain!! That way you can buy the gift card at ANY location you happen to spot it!! :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter