Canadian Disney Gift Cards

I haven't been able to find them in Cape Breton for about 6 weeks, I asked managment at our walmart who said to their knowledge they haven't been pulled from the stores but its rep that comes in to replenish them.
I leave in 9 days so Im guessing I wont see them before I leave.

I see the cards in many places that I shop...Metro, RCSS, Rexall etc. Some stores have the $50 and others have the loadable card.

I had $250 worth(all in $50) that I started accumulating in July for my trip in August. Used two of them for payment towards MNSSHP tickets and the rest where used inside the parks for food. The exchange rate fluctuates but I got approx $38 US for every $50 CAD.

Okay, I guess I'll try a Metro. Don't really shop there, but maybe I'll convert. Thanks.

I live in SK and have never seen Disney gift cards in stores here. Do you think it's because we don't have a Disney store in the province? Maybe they don't think there's a market for the gift cards here without anywhere to spend them??

I live in SK and have never seen Disney gift cards in stores here. Do you think it's because we don't have a Disney store in the province? Maybe they don't think there's a market for the gift cards here without anywhere to spend them??

Nope, thats not the reason. We havent had a disney store in our province (ns) for years, but i can still find these at walmarts

Maybe I'll purchase another $25 gift card today while I'm out grocery shopping. If I do, I'll let you know what happens with it.

Well I tried again with the $50 card from Zehrs and was kinda hopeful because the receipt said "2017" as if it was an old stock card maybe and it would work as 'grandfathered" before they made changes but.............no go. It would not let me transfer it to my existing US Disney Gift Card. Oh well, now I have 3 cards to use.

Does anyone know if you have an old US disney gift card if you could call somewhere and add money to it with your credit card?

Does anyone know if you have an old US disney gift card if you could call somewhere and add money to it with your credit card?
I looked into that a few months ago. What I found was that I could buy a e-gift card from the online Disney store and then transfer it onto my loadable card. I will tell you that I only did it once as I received an email from the Disney store requesting I send them more information before they would complete the purchase even though I used my U.S. Mastercard. It was very odd. It did work however so if you want to do that this is probably your only option.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I used my Canadian gift cards successfully all last week at the parks, restaurants and stores in disney world. The only time I had a problem was using it to pay my room charges. Found out the hard way that they don’t work for that so I had to spend another $167 to use them all up. Lol

Found out the hard way that they don’t work for that so I had to spend another $167 to use them all up. Lol

Wait. You can't use gift cards to pay off room charges?

So if I buy a bunch of things at magic kingdom and charge them to my magic band, I cannot then go to the front desk and use my gift card to pay it off?

Last edited:

So if I buy a bunch of things at magic kingdom and charge them to my magic band, I cannot then go to the front desk and use my gift card to pay it off?

I'm certain you can. I think the PP must have run into a poorly trained CM.

I apologize for asking this so late (after 24 pages of replies), but what is the advantage of using gift cards over other payment methods? Is it simply to save the 2.5% foreign exchange fee in Cdn credit cards? Are there any other benefits to using gift cards?

I apologize for asking this so late (after 24 pages of replies), but what is the advantage of using gift cards over other payment methods? Is it simply to save the 2.5% foreign exchange fee in Cdn credit cards? Are there any other benefits to using gift cards?
That's the biggest benefit for most people. Some are also using the method of using either PC Optimum points or Cash Airmiles to "buy" the gift cards. Neither programme will allow you to straight up exchange points/miles for gift cards but if you add it to a grocery order and then use the points/miles to pay for that part of the order the gift card then becomes "free" -- make sense??

I'm certain you can. I think the PP must have run into a poorly trained CM.

I'm hoping that's the case bc that was my plan - pay for everyone using the magic band and then pay it off at the front desk with my gift cards. If anyone else has actually done this, can they confirm if it's do-able or not?

OK, how come I can never find the Travel Hub? Trying to start researching hotels for our trip next summer...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!