Canadian Resident Tickets are back!

This is so exciting! DBF and I go to Disneyland for only two full parks days so we technically only save $20 US, however we gain EMH and a few extra hours in the parks before our flight home. We were able to use the promotion for our trip in February this year and are happily surprised to see it come back for our upcoming trip in November :banana:

Last edited:
This plus a bounceback offer may make our trip for 6 in April cheaper by over 1000 bucks
What bounceback offer did you get? My wife is going to a conference in late October and taking in a few extra days at Disney, I'm hoping by then they'll have released the spring room discounts so we can compare them and whatever bounceback is offered. We are going as a family in March.

So guest services got back to me about upgrading the Air Miles base ticket to a parkhopper Canadian Resident ticket. They said since the Canadian Resident ticket is not offered at the gate, I cannot upgrade my base ticket to it. I think we will try anyways since we fully intended on upgrading to a parkhopper, but won't expect the discount.

What bounceback offer did you get? My wife is going to a conference in late October and taking in a few extra days at Disney, I'm hoping by then they'll have released the spring room discounts so we can compare them and whatever bounceback is offered. We are going as a family in March.
I haven't gotten one yet. I'm going for a couple nights in November on our way to Fort Lauderdale for a cruise with my partner and I'm hoping to grab a bounce back for the spring when we take the kids to disney. I've heard from my travel agent that it's possible free dining might be extended which would save me even more since we are 5 disney adults and one child but if not then the room only and the canadian ticket deal would get us a nice discount.

Since it's Canadian residency, rather than citizenship, I wonder if health card (for the kids) will work, since we're going to the park on arrival day and don't want to take passports. DH and I can use our driver's licenses.

Of course I just bought our tickets on undercover tourist.

Though the having to go to guest services to prove you're a citizen is pretty annoying. Maybe I'd rather pay extra than do that :P

Of course I just bought our tickets on undercover tourist.

Though the having to go to guest services to prove you're a citizen is pretty annoying. Maybe I'd rather pay extra than do that :P

We just got back after using our Canadian tickets. We were staying at the Boardwalk and went to epcot our first day via the IG. It was really quick and easy, just showed the CM scanned copies of our passports and that was it.

Of course we bought my DHs tickets a couple months ago, that's ok though because it would only save $75 approx. At least I can get them for my solo trip in the Spring.

First timer here...can someone tell me how exactly you receive the tickets (or exchange certificates I suppose) for the Canadian resident discount as well as Air Miles redemption tickets? Is it by mail? My FP date is quickly approaching so I want to be able to link to MDE asap. I’m hoping I’ll have enough time

First timer here...can someone tell me how exactly you receive the tickets (or exchange certificates I suppose) for the Canadian resident discount as well as Air Miles redemption tickets? Is it by mail? My FP date is quickly approaching so I want to be able to link to MDE asap. I’m hoping I’ll have enough time

As far as buying the Canadian tickets directly from Disney online goes, just be sure you're signed into your MDE account when you purchase them and they should be visible and available when the transaction is complete. In the actual purchase you can choose (just going from memory here) from mailing the tickets ($25 IIRC) or "will call". Now Disney will tell you that they won't mail the ticket vouchers to Canada but I and others I know have received them that way). The vouchers are plastic cards like a ticket but are not a an actual ticket. If you choose will call, you'll save $25 and receive an email with a bar code along with your receipt that you can redeem for your ticket. When we activated our tickets, since they were in our MDE account already all they needed were our passports to verify residency. Since we had two sets of unused tickets in our account they were very careful to activate the ones we wanted to use on that trip.

I don't know about Airmiles tickets as we have never gotten them.

Good luck. It really is very easy and if you have issues just call Disney. Their ticket folks are very knowledgeable- at least the two I have talked with were.

Has anyone bought the Canadian Resident tickets from CAA? Would the process still be the same, even with a card in hand?

Seems like the Dec 31, 2019 is in a generic all-ticket disclaimer, and not in the specific language for the Canadian Resident tickets. Full text on that "view details":

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/tickets/#canadaResidentTicketsPasses

It's got to be generic language, otherwise why mention Florida Resident tickets in the legal for Canadian Resident tickets? ;)

I believe the Sept 27th, for now:

Definitely. We all know there'll be a good price increase before SWGE opens, makes sense these expire before that.

I wonder how the tiered pricing model will affect these? Will the prices remain the same for Canadians throughout the length of the deal, or will all the pricing change when the tiered pricing goes into effect?

I haven't gotten one yet. I'm going for a couple nights in November on our way to Fort Lauderdale for a cruise with my partner and I'm hoping to grab a bounce back for the spring when we take the kids to disney. I've heard from my travel agent that it's possible free dining might be extended which would save me even more since we are 5 disney adults and one child but if not then the room only and the canadian ticket deal would get us a nice discount.

I don't recall seeing free dining in the spring, would be nice but I highly doubt it.

The Air Miles tickets are super easy to use. Air Miles sends you an exchange certificate (could be paper the size of a business card or plastic like a credit card) in the mail or by courier. Open your MDE account and under the "My Reservations and Tickets" tab enter the long code under the bar code on the back of the card (lots of letters and numbers, be careful of 1 and I, 0 and O). Once the ticket appears in your account you just assign it to someone and then you are able to book fast passes for that person once the fast pass window opens.

Debating purchasing some tickets to head to the park before our cruise.

So if I buy these tickets (really a voucher to get tickets, as I understand it) will I be able to book FastPasses in advance?

Edit to clarify my poor wording: if I am staying at a Disney property will I be able to book FastPasses 60 days in advance with these tickets, or only 30 days?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter