Canadian Residents 25% off tickets on WDW site **Offer extended until May 20, 2017.

Seems like an amazing deal. One question though. It says:
  • Tickets will be sold as exchange certificates, which must be redeemed at the theme park Main Entrance for admission.
  • All Guests must present a valid Canadian passport to exchange the certificate for a valid ticket at the theme park ticket window or Guest Relations prior to first use.
Can exchange certificates be used for making Fastpass reservations? If not this could be a huge disadvantage for some.

On the #'s side (using a 7 day pass for calculations) Discounted price 278.00 is 296.07 after tax or 384.89Cdn (1.3 exchange rate). Value of AM for 7 day ticket $397.37Cdn. Significant enough difference if you're buying a number of tickets and/or you have a better exchange rate. AM reference for those who collect Airmiles.

Edit to correct number

Last edited:

A little disappointed, evens out the exchange on tickets but still like the room discounts or the stay, play and dine options. The option to use anytime is nice but I think i will wait and see if other specials come out for room discounts.

I would think you would be able to make a room only ressie with a discount then purchase the tickets at a discount too.
A little disappointed, evens out the exchange on tickets but still like the room discounts or the stay, play and dine options. The option to use anytime is nice but I think i will wait and see if other specials come out for room discounts.

Ottawa mom. ..I asked in the chat about linking tickets to mde and got a "call reservations at.." response. Maybe over weekend I will call and see.

I'm hoping this is an indication that Canadians will get some good deals next year! I want to go in early January but likely won't if the exchange rate doesn't improve. A few years ago Canadians had a free dining offer in January/February that wasn't offered in the US - hoping the same will be done in January 2017!

That is a great ticket deal. If I didn't get my tickets from AM then I might buy some up for future use.

but what if I don't have a Canadian passport but a Canadian PR card. Guess i will have to call.

Update you just have to show proof of residency so all good.

Seems like an amazing deal. One question though. It says:
  • Tickets will be sold as exchange certificates, which must be redeemed at the theme park Main Entrance for admission.
Can exchange certificates be used for making Fastpass reservations? If not this could be a huge disadvantage for some.

Looked up the answer to my own question on the Theme Park Strategies Board.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/an...icates-and-magic-bands.3350320/#post-52608553

jrtoastyman said:
1 Exchange Certificates are not valid for park entry, you will need to stop at either a park ticket window or guest relations location to exchange for your actual Annual Pass(es).(or in this case Park Tickets)

2. Am I already locked and loaded to make FP+ reservations, or is there some other step I need to take?
Having Exchange Certificates linked to MDE will allow you to make FP+ selections

DARN we go at the end of October, and have obviously purchased tickets already so we could make FP+ reservations, but this discount is about $50 cheaper than our tickets were from ParkSavers...For those of you going later, take advantage (assuming, as a PP noted, you can make FP+ selections without the actual ticket).

Wow, this is the kind of deal I was hoping for, for them to recognize that a big source of tourists is suffering an awful exchange rate while they raise prices on everything. Enjoy, you guys!
but what if I don't have a Canadian passport but a Canadian PR card. Guess i will have to call.

Update you just have to show proof of residency so all good.

Thanks for checking. I'm a dual citizen, but don't have a Canadian passport. I figured flashing an ON driver's license would do the trick.

Excited to see this as I was thinking of going the Park Saver route for tickets, this is even better. I'm still going to wait to see what the deals for the spring will be but a good room only discount and this discount might be pretty good.

any indication as to the expiry date on this offer? Calculating for a 5 day ticket and this saves me $170 US.....so I guess I need to decide whether to buy for my upcoming trip on may 2017 and then hope for a RO discount.

any indication as to the expiry date on this offer? Calculating for a 5 day ticket and this saves me $170 US.....so I guess I need to decide whether to buy for my upcoming trip on may 2017 and then hope for a RO discount.

I think you have to purchase by Feb.28/17, no expiry date listed.

Disneyland is also offering a reduced rate for 3, 4 and 5 day tickets for Canadians.

Sadly for us, we have already bought our tickets! :headache:

This will save me about $200 on tickets compared to Mouse Savers Undercover Tourist discount! It's enough of a discount that I'm actually going to be buying Universal one day park to park tix to check out the new Harry Potter stuff. I wasn't going to before because of the price but now I can justify it! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!