Canadians Bidding on Priceline

abbyndrewmom

Mouseketeer
How many have done it with what kind of results?

We have a trip planned this summer for Las Vegas, Disneyland and San Diego. I use to live in Las Vegas and MIL and an Aunt still do so we don't have to worry about accommodations there, Disney land is pretty much taken care of however San Diego is turning out to be very expensive. DS is a major Marine freak he loves Killer Whales, Dolphins and all kinds of fish so we really want to take him to Sea World as well as to the beach in SD. The hotels are all coming up at $150.00-$200.00 a night. I am considering priceline but would like to hear about some other Canadain experiences not neccessary in California just in general.

Thanks,

We use it quite a bit. I just bid $35 for a 3 star downtown Toronto( DH and DS are going to midieval times), I also bid $42 for a 3 star in Buffalo for our trip next week to six flags. I have also used it in Montreal, Florida, Oshawa, and for Deerhurst. Any questions ask away.

Hi! Just wanted to echo hockey mom and say we've used priceline many times and have always been very pleased. We've used it in Montreal, Toronto, Niagara Falls and many times in Florida. Before bidding, go to biddingfortravel for advice on how much to bid. I don't think priceline accepts Canadian visa (someone correct me if this has changed) but it does accept Canadian MC and Amex. Let us know if you have any other questions.

We used it for our trip to Orlando this past April and were very pleased with the experience. We will definitely go that route again. We used a Canadian Mastercard.

I used it for a trip to Seattle in March. It wouldn't accept my Visa but I was able to use a MasterCard.

I made the mistake of bidding on a "2 Star" - which I had read was not a good idea - and ended up with a room with two single beds, dirty water, bad plumbing, and paper-thin walls. If I ever use it again, I won't bid on anything less than a "3 Star".

www.biddingfortravel.com - it's not unlike the DISboards, except people post their winning Priceline bids. There's a wealth of information and good advice on bidding strategies for "free" re-bids. The moderator, however, is a bit of a control freak (in my opinion, only!).

Thanks for the information, I have been reading up on Biddingfortravel. I'm not sure if I am brave enough to do it yet.

Has anyone been able to get a Canadian Visa to work, if not I might not have the option is that is the only credit card we carry.

I will let you all know if I do it!!

Allison

We've only ever used MC or Amex, but have gotten some great deals.

We used priceline for our trip to Florida in 2001. We got the Marriott World Centre for $69US. Really nice hotel. We paid for it on Visa. That was the only card we had at the time. Not sure if rules for paying are different now.

We've used Priceline with much success for the past 3 years for DL, San Diego, Seattle, and Ottawa. Our best deals have been Seattle Doubletree for $27 (3* hotel) and Hyatt Orange County for $42 (3* hotel).

We had no success for Las Vegas. We tried to bid for LV but no bids were accepted though we went as high as $110.

We use AMEX. Visa used to work for us but not anymore. Good luck!

I don't think I will use it for this trip. I found a great package for DL through an another company. I think we will spend all our time in Anaheim and just drive to Seaworld for the day. I know it is a long drive but I think we will go early on a Sundary morning and try to get around the traffic. I am little disappointed as I love San Diego, it was one of our favorite weekend getaways when DH and I lived in Las Vegas. We will try for San Diego next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter