Cancel? Or not?

Raven01

Proud Momma to DD
I have a June UY. I’ve used June 2020 and June 2021 points for trips. The bulk is rented to a friend. So I have no extra points for a backup reservation.

Current reservation for July 4-10. If open, we want to go. But I don’t want my points to go into holding.

Should I wait it out? Cancel 31 days in advance? If Disney cancels, will they just return the Points to my current use year? I’m fine with that - I have time to bank them. I just don’t want to deal with holding. But I’m scared that the policy will suddenly change with no notice.

thoughts?

I think by the time you hit your 31 day mark, June 3rd, I think we will have a date for resort opening. and you’ll know if the trip is still in jeopardy.

Right now, they are returning borrowed points, so if you cancel before any changes, that should apply. As you say' that can change, and I believe once an open date is announced, the polices will change.

We're in a similar situation for 5-11 except no borrowed points in play. FWIW, I think they'll be open and we have no intention in cancelling. Precedent has it that if they cancel your reservation inside the holding window, they won't put the points in holding. There's really no reason to think they would change that temporary policy at this point due to resort closings, IMHO.

Have you purchased tickets yet? We have a booking for the Poly July 8-12 but haven't added tickets. My fear is it will be closed and tickets are non-refundable. We are also missing out on the 60 day window for fast passes at this point.

I have purchased tickets, but unused tickets can be applied to the cost of another ticket. We are set to go again in September, so I plan to apply the tickets to that trip if necessary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts