Cancelled May & June DVC stays

wendycanfly

Earning My Ears
There may be a thread for this but I couldn’t find it. What’s the latest on DVC resort cancellations? A hard cancel for all of them right at the seven day mark?

Guidance stated is still the same in that DVC will be cancelling reservations about a week before arrival and will continue do so while the resorts remain closed, and no re-opening date has been provided. Note it does not necessarily occur right at the seven day mark but close to it.

Last edited:
Our trip is supposed to start next Friday and as of this morning the booking appears to still be active in my dashboard. I only checked because my hubby saw a blog post somewhere saying that Disney was cancelling some June dates already and he asked if they cancelled ours for Memorial Day weekend yet.

Our trip is supposed to start next Friday and as of this morning the booking appears to still be active in my dashboard. I only checked because my hubby saw a blog post somewhere saying that Disney was cancelling some June dates already and he asked if they cancelled ours for Memorial Day weekend yet.

Disneys timetable is different than DVC. They are about 2 weeks ahead and their cancelations Seem match the removal of park hours

Yesterday, park hours were removed through June 6th.

Disneys timetable is different than DVC. They are about 2 weeks ahead and their cancelations Seem match the removal of park hours

Yesterday, park hours were removed through June 6th.

ah thanks that explains it!

Have there been any reports of any late May DVC trips NOT being cancelled?
Our May 24 arrival has not been canceled as of yet, but I know the email is coming Monday. I've resigned myself to trying to cobble a vacation of few long weekends this summer. If it's being canceled, I would prefer they go ahead an let me know so DH can try and get patients on his book that week.

We are due to arrive May 27th, and our stay in still listed on the DVC website. However, we received emails yesterday regarding the cancellation of an Oga's Canteen reservation and a Droid Depot reservation for my son.

Have a reservation for 5/28 thru 5/31, another from 6/1 thru 6/6. It will be interesting when we get the cancellation notice. I expect that even though they are a different Corp, they will following the rest of Disney's resorts cancellation dates. But my entire family is still determined to get away for awhile and we already booked a hotel in Clearwater on the Gulf beach. Florida here we come.

I had all my dining and FP plans canceled by Disney from Jun 2-6 (trip was supposed to be Jun 2-9). Dining and FP still intact for Jun 7-8, but I know the trip is a done deal. I chatted with Member Services today (we had the dining plan as well) to see what to expect. I was told I can expect the reservation to be canceled and the Dining Plan refunded around 7 days prior to scheduled check in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter