Cancelling a booking

jaex mom

Earning My Ears
Can anyone give me any advice as far as getting a hold of someone to cancel a booking? Over the course of the last week or so and countless tries, I have been on hold in total for probably 4 hours. It's making me insane. I'm quickly approaching my 30 day window andI do not know how to cancel other than calling the number and getting nowhere. I have tried the direct line on the website. I have tried going thru Disneyworld to transfer me to DLP, then the UK person transfers me to the french one (my package was booked thru the french site) and then I sit and wait forever until I give up. I am currently going on 30 minutes waiting on the direct line, paying international call rates, after having already waited an hour going thru DW transferring the call. If anyone has had success with a cancellation, please, please, please I would love to know how you did it!

So of course, the minute I posted this, someone answered the phone! Just as an fyi, in case anyone else is wondering, the CM is currently using my deposit (which would have been forfeited) to create a new booking next summer. I don't actually have a date, but she said I can change a booking as many times as I need to. So for now, she's just booking a random date and applying my deposit. Hope this info helps someone who may be in the same boat!

Thanks for the report, I know there are at least a couple of us watching this thread. I was hoping there was a way to do this on-line but I just logged in and the only option I see is paying off the balance, nothing about cancelling. Is there any alternative to calling because I hate talking on the phone. I go days (maybe even weeks) without making a phone call. You say the deposit would have been forfeited but on the contract is says there is a penalty of 15% per person so in my case 55% would be forfeited as I see it. I booked on the US DLP site.

Unfortunately, you do have to call and be prepared for a lengthy hold. I"m not sure if different countries have different policies, but my booking (thru the French site) had a 15% deposit and the CM said the cancellation fee was 15% of the total package, so the same as the deposit. She used that for the new booking. My new booking was more than the old so there was supposed to be an additional $200 but she said she wouldn't collect it right now since I mentioned all the other fees I was incurring due to all my other (non-Disney) cancellations. She told me I would probably be getting emails requesting the rest of the deposit, but at least it would give me a little time before I had to pay it. She said Disney won't cancel the reservation, they will just keep sending requests for payment. She was very nice and helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!