Cancelling Christmas at the Fort - anyone want to try to pick up the days?

KristinU

DIS Veteran
Hi Fort Friends!

So, we've made the decision to scrub our Christmas trip for this year. Womp womp :worried:

Our reservation is December 21 - 29 on a Preferred site.

I'm game to try to coordinate a time for cancellation if another DISer wants to try to pick it up. Give me a shout if you want to try. If I don't hear from anyone by Sunday 10/25, I'll go ahead and cancel.

KrisinU sorry to read that. we still have our reservations and are waiting to see how things look at Thanksgiving before making a final decision. DISNEY's announcement that they are not intending to expand capacity levels over the existing 25% has us happy to think we can park tour and see what the crowds obscure

After attending the Dismeet last week I am glad we cancelled our Christmas dates earlier. It would not have been worth it.

KrisinU sorry to read that. we still have our reservations and are waiting to see how things look at Thanksgiving before making a final decision. DISNEY's announcement that they are not intending to expand capacity levels over the existing 25% has us happy to think we can park tour and see what the crowds obscure
Yeah, we've been holding out making a decision for quite a while, but decided it was inevitable for us for this year. A lot of factors for us: 1) we were going to meet up with my parents who are in their 70's - just don't want to have them pressured into higher risk situations, 2) DH is onsite essential and would have to quarantine and stay offsite for 14 days after returning home from a 2 week vacation...not such a great prospect since he can do maybe 5% of his work from home, so essentially a month long out of the office, he just can't do it. 3) the reduced hours, no park hopping or fastpasses, the park reservation system - the value just isn't feeling like it is there for us. Oh, and 4) there was some major bungling of how Disney handled Annual Passholder refunds...it made it clear that we were not very valued customers to them...so I'm still feeling a bit like a jilted lover...very much feeling "so is this how you've ALWAYS felt about me???"

Best of luck as you decide @FtW Mike - maybe it will be a good year for you and your family with folks like us dropping like flies!

After attending the Dismeet last week I am glad we cancelled our Christmas dates earlier. It would not have been worth it.
Sad to hear, but good to have some affirmation that this is the right decision for us.

Yeah, we've been holding out making a decision for quite a while, but decided it was inevitable for us for this year. A lot of factors for us: 1) we were going to meet up with my parents who are in their 70's - just don't want to have them pressured into higher risk situations, 2) DH is onsite essential and would have to quarantine and stay offsite for 14 days after returning home from a 2 week vacation...not such a great prospect since he can do maybe 5% of his work from home, so essentially a month long out of the office, he just can't do it. 3) the reduced hours, no park hopping or fastpasses, the park reservation system - the value just isn't feeling like it is there for us. Oh, and 4) there was some major bungling of how Disney handled Annual Passholder refunds...it made it clear that we were not very valued customers to them...so I'm still feeling a bit like a jilted lover...very much feeling "so is this how you've ALWAYS felt about me???"

Best of luck as you decide @FtW Mike - maybe it will be a good year for you and your family with folks like us dropping like flies!

Sad to hear, but good to have some affirmation that this is the right decision for us.
I hear you about the post-vacation self-quarantine issue for your DH. IF we get to go to The Fort in April (we live in Canada) and times still dictate self-quarantine, our DSIL cannot take a total of 3 weeks off of work. Luckily our daughter teaches college remotely and DH and I are retired. DGS and DGD are in elementary school and DD can assist in home schooling if they cannot return to the physical classroom. We will be making up our mind in March if we are going to be able to make this wonderful family vacation.

Why is that?

With no shows, shops closed, no fireworks, minimal parades and long lines. It was not worth the full cost of tickets to be honest. We were there the week after Columbus Day. Shops that are open have long lines to get in, the line to get in the Germany shops was 40 mins long. We didn't even attempt Disney Springs for shopping and I love the Disney Store there and Lego.

With no shows, shops closed, no fireworks, minimal parades and long lines. It was not worth the full cost of tickets to be honest. We were there the week after Columbus Day. Shops that are open have long lines to get in, the line to get in the Germany shops was 40 mins long. We didn't even attempt Disney Springs for shopping and I love the Disney Store there and Lego.
Wow, that’s a long time to wait to get on a shop. Thanks for the explanation!

I’m sorry to hear this. We are still booked Christmas/New Year and I’m not ready to let go. The news of new lay offs has me on edge, I am watching events closely. I was able to book Christmas 2021, but I really need a break from reality now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!