Cancelling trip and ticket questions - August UY

jmj32

Earning My Ears
Hi...as a family we have agreed to proactively cancel our May 23 trip. Reasons we are not waiting for decision of dates they will reopen...
1. UY is August and deadline for banking is March 31. We do not want to lose our points as we know we will not travel before August 2020.
2.Even if they open in May, we would not want to risk traveling under uncertainty of safety traveling so soon.
With that said, we were using borrowed points (2018) in addition to our points for 2019. At this time, we realize we may not have ability to re-bank the 2018 banked points for future use and they must be used before August 2019. Don’t like that but nothing we can do...
So main question I have is...
What happens with the 6/ day tickets we purchased? They were purchased with the expectation they would begin May 23. They are already linked to our reservation.
When I cancel reservation
1. will they be available to link to another reservation that we make for 2021?
2. Do we lose them?
Cost of tickets for 5 was biggest cost so big concern.
Thanks and hope everyone is staying healthy!!!

Disney put out info that you could use them anytime before middle of December can’t remember exact date or you would be able to put towards future tickets later.

So far, the tickets for March trips were extended to expire Dec 15th, 2020.

I am going to assume that any tickets that are for a time during actual closure will be treated the same way...right now, that would be through April 9th, due to the county stay put orders,

Assuming closure for May, that should happen. If they were to open, and they didn’t keep the policy in place, the value of those tickets is not lost. You simply go in and modify the start date to your next trip. If that is more, you’d pay the difference.

IMO, the fact that they are not allowing cash bookings until June 1st, I feel confident May tickets will be extended. I hope since my group has some as well since we just rescheduled for October

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!