(Canning-our last name) Sisters' Reunion

FortWildernessCamper

Want to be in that Disney Bubble
My Sister and I have not seen each other in 13 years. We were born and raised in Maryland. My Sister has moved all over the US due to her DH work and finally settled in Texas. For the past 5 years my DH and I have been full time workampers up and down East Coast.

Our Dad passed away in 2003. Thats the last we saw each other.

My DH and I go to Fort Wilderness every Fall as our vaca. I have been wanting Sister and her DH to meet us there...and now its going to happen. My Sister had major back surgery in October and with PT is getting bette They will be staying with us in our 30' TT. My DH will be building an extra step with handrails on each side for my Sister. I am attempting to convince them we need to rent a golf cart for the week we are there.

September 22 thru September 29, 2016...Canning sisters together again...it will be magical!

Last edited:
FortWildernessCamper,

Congrats on the planned vacation with your sister. The Fort is a great place to relax. I hope that the weather is favorable that week and you can spend a lot of time together.

Bama Ed

Oh, okay. This is a happy story. From the title I first thought that you were "Canning" the trip to meet her (or getting rid of it). I feel better now.

Congrats on putting this together and hope everything comes together nicely for you.

Bama ed - thanks...we are hoping for good weather also. I plan on updating this post from time to time as we put our plans together.

tiggerdad...thats the first time our name ever had that meaning to it and definitely glad nothing is being canned here!

Thanks burnaroonie, we will be doing a lot of sitting around outside catching up and enjoying the atmosphere at the Fort.

Well glad you can put this together and I hope you have a very good time! The Ford is a wonderful place to bring people together and have a wonderful experience in the peace and quiet .

Yes, I especially like my FORD as it has more cab pace than the Chevy or Dodge. :duck:

And I was thinking it was a canning trip (veggies, fruits, jams, jellies and what not). Congrats on getting together after sooo long.
No better place to be then the Fort in the Fall (not to mention you'll be there on my birthday), Enjoy the time.
Golf cart is a good idea, of course if you go to Hoop Dee Doo, your sides will be hurtin' from laughin'.
Tiggerdad, exactly how many people can you fit in your Ford?

So I thought I would clarify what "Canning" meant in my title since there were some questions about it meant. Canning is our maiden name...you know...like when we were young maidens.

My sister just reserved a golf cart for the week and she is beginning to plan their route from Celine, Texas. My sister is very excited about this trip not only because we haven't seen each other in 13 years, but also because she and her DH haven't been to WDW since their Honeymoon 35 years ago and will take place during the week we are there (I will have to check with her again on the actual date).

So thats all the update I have on this adventure. Stay tuned for further deveopments!

So happy for your sister reunion. Please keep us informed on the schedule, reunion & all you do. Yes, the Golf Cart is a good ideal. A lot of walking & lots to see. Must go looping & see how the sites are decorated. That is one of our favorite things to do!!

Hope you have an awesome time. I too thought you'd be canning food (Fruits, veggies, etc) but I am glad it's clear now. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter