Cant' decide, GF or Contemp?

Gail T AGAIN

<font color=teal>Slightly computer challenged<br><
I am starting to plan next yr., after all I bought AP so I wanna at least get 2 uses out of it. I am not sure what is better, GF or the Conemp. I am not going concierge on any hotel next yr. after BWI it really made me realize just get a good view and buy our extras to eat and drink?

What are you looking for in a resort? Relaxing atmosphere? Lots of activity? GF is VERY beatiful and elegant. Contemporary is fun and kitchy (heard that phrase said about CR here at DIS and think it's a good one!)

Who are you going with? DH and I LOVED GF when it was just the 2 of us. We thought about taking our girls there this year but are opting for CR because they will enjoy all the fun stuff the resort has to offer (CM is their all time favorite!)

Which ever you decide, having the monorail link makes it easy to resort hop! We plan to let the girls do the tea party and adventures in cooking over at GF so DH and I can enjoy the resort on our own.

I'm going with my son, he'll be almost 21. he goes with me cause I have no one else to go with plus I pay. LOL we go just to have fun. I just found out I have MS so God willing I will go every yr. Life is to precious and unpredictable not to enjoy it.:)

Originally posted by Gail T AGAIN
I am starting to plan next yr., after all I bought AP so I wanna at least get 2 uses out of it. I am not sure what is better, GF or the Conemp. I am not going concierge on any hotel next yr. after BWI it really made me realize just get a good view and buy our extras to eat and drink?

Well, it depends on the kind of atmosphere you're looking for .. do you want more quiet, serene? Or a bit more lively? What type of decor do you prefer? More modern, or more traditional? My personal favorite (as everyone must know by now! LOL) is the GF...

Judi
Travels with ..

Gail.... Sounds like you are taking good care of yourself. A positve attitude and laugher is the best medicine...where could you get more than in WDW!!:) My positive thoughts are with you too!

Ok, "as your personal vacation planner":p ....

I would probably stay at GF. It's so beatiful and relaxing. Feels like coming home after a long day at the park.

Sounds like getting around won't be a struggle your son isn't, "in tow" like my kids are :jester: You can easily monorail over to CM's, Cal. Grill, etc.

At the end of a long day this resort just opens it's arms and makes you feel good. I have two teenagers who love the activities at the CR. They ride the monorail and DH and myself relax in comfort. It is the best of both worlds with the monorail just steps away. Have fun choosing!!!

I've stayed at both resorts (actually, stayed at both 6 months ago) and they both are great resorts! At the Contemporary, I've only stayed in the Tower, on the Club Level. This is on the 12th floor, and offers limited concierge services (it is a few dollars a night less than a lagoon view at the GF). We were on the Magic Kingdom side, and the view was awesome. At the Grand Floridian, we've done both the garden view and the lagoon view. I like both views, though I think garden view is probably a better value. I should add that lately I've been booking lagoon view! There is just something about being able to sit on your balcony and stare over at Cinderella's Castle (make sure you request a MK view!).

It had been my dream to stay at the Contemporary since 1994, and finally got to check-into the resort in December 2001 (7 years later). Was I disappointed (after staying at the WL, GF, PR, ASMu)? Nope! This was an awesome place! It was Walt's original! Did I look over to the GF the entire time and say "wouldn't it be nice to be over there?"? Well, kinda. But, I knew in a couple days I would be over "there".

The Grand Floridian is Disney's flagship resort, and it is the flagship for a reason. It has excellent, beautiful, large accommodations. A great staff. Wonderful restaurants. Beautiful public areas. Great gift shops. Yes, there are things about the GF that I could improve (I'll let them be known if I could find a comment card!).

Enjoy your trip! Choose whichever resort you think you and your son would prefer. :)

I've stayed at both and I enjoy them both. If I had a choice, I'd probably go with GF. The place is so beautiful, I didn't care if I was in the parks.:D

I would stay at the GF. We were at the Cont. for one night at the beginning of our last trip and I found it to be cold and stark. The room had loud, horrible colors. We were in the north garden section by the playground. Just a side note: For the holidays we love the GF, but for summer we love the Poly. Just my 2 cents.

I just love this place!! Have stayed many times and for me it is just special! Maybe because I stayed there the first month they opened as a child so it holds memories for me.But my kids like it too!!
The Grand Floridian is so lovely, we stayed in Concierge level for 5 days during the Millenium celebrations, and while it was wonderful, I found it a bit stuffy. A Disney manager told me last week it is number 8 of all the Premium resorts!Just my opinion!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter