can't find turtle place by paradise cove (edited: now with directions and photos!)

jtba

DIS Veteran
we are here but i could not for the life of me find the entrance to the turtle place everyone talks about.

when we come out from Aulani, do we walk past the traffic light by Monkeypod? we did that, and it took us past the construction and all the way to paradise cove's parking lot entrance, but i was unable to figure out where the opening to the turtle place.

please help!

You are on the right track. Walk all the way through the parking lot towards the ocean. You will find a narrow pathway with fences on both sides. Walk down the pathway towards the ocean. You'll find it!

You are on the right track. Walk all the way through the parking lot towards the ocean. You will find a narrow pathway with fences on both sides. Walk down the pathway towards the ocean. You'll find it!

oh I see. we did walk down towards the ocean but ended up traversing back towards the construction site again, which was totally fenced off.

will try again tomorrow and report back!

Are you talking about the parking lot for Paradise Cove? We'll be there in a few months, so writing this down!

Are you talking about the parking lot for Paradise Cove? We'll be there in a few months, so writing this down!
Yes, that is correct. At the very back end of the Paradise Cove parking lot is a public, free area for about 20-30 cars. Since all beaches in Hawaii are public they have to provide at least some parking. It fills up fast though. Behind that public parking area is the sand path to the beach and the turtles. The Google Maps image does show the path although it is somewhat difficult to make out.

found it and we had the best time!!! saw at least two different turtles--one big, one small. there were probably more than that but i couldn't tell if it was the same ones that kept coming back round and round. i took photos and will upload when i get back to the hotel room later.

a HUGE thank-you to @BobNed and @Soccerluvinmama !!! :) :) :)

will be back in a few hours...

am back but am too pooped from a very full day of lazy river, infinity pool, turtle beach, more lazy river, Ama Ama, scavenger hunt, and then packing.

i have taken photos of the path, @Mamapapa , and will post them over the weekend when i get home.

@Iggipolka definitely go visit if you haven't already. really worth the 10-minute walk there.

am back but am too pooped from a very full day of lazy river, infinity pool, turtle beach, more lazy river, Ama Ama, scavenger hunt, and then packing.

Sounds like the perfect Aulani day to me! Glad you found the turtle area...

ok, here are the directions:

1. go to the lobby and walk all the way down the street.
2. with your back to aulani, turn left and head towards the traffic light across the street from monkeypod.
3. cross the street towards the new four seasons, heading north.
4. keep walking until you come to the driveway for the paradise cove parking lot:
01 driveway.png

5. turn left onto the parking lot and walk towards the ocean, towards that white sign at the opening:
02 parking lot.png

close-up:
03 opening.png

6. walk down that path:
05 inside path.png

7. and you'll see this:
04 beach.png

Last edited:
and i hope you'll see these:
DSCF0364.png

DSCF0336.png

DSCF0337.png

DSCF0352.png

DSCF0360.png

these turtles were truly fearless. they just came right up to us, and i'm not even sure why! it's not like anyone was giving out food or whatever. it almost seemed like they were as curious about us as we were about them. they probably came round 5-6 times during the hour we were there, maybe more. kinda lost count after a while.

my whole family enjoyed the experience, and it was so close, so easy to get to from aulani. please make time for them if you're at aulani. only took about 10 minutes (less if your kids walk fast, lol).

Love all the info! We will be taking sunrise family photos at Paradise Cove beach on our first full day (hopefully it won't seem like 5am as we are walking down there!), but we want to go back and spend some time later and hopefully we will see turtles, too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter