Can't miss dinning experiences

Taratink

DIS Veteran
I will be traveling with my DH, DS 5 and DD 3 1/2 and we have only eaten at Whispering Canyon and the AKL the buffet restaurant. Does any one have any must do dinning ideas? Any suggestions would be great.
Tara

Most Char Meals are good & the kids love the interaction with the Charaters.

We like Chef Mickeys. Cape May Breakfast, & Ohanas.

Kae

The character meals if your kids like that type of thing. My nephew at 4yo hated them now he loves them at 8yo. My niece exact opposite she loved them at 3yo. CRT and PSB are great for princesses. My nephew loves O'hanas for breakfast.

Also both of them love Sci-Fi at MGM. They think it's so neat to sit in cars to eat and get to watch film clips. We have to go here for lunch everytime we go now.

Is Ohana's a character breakfast? Do you need ps for sci-fi in early Feb for lunch? Any suggestions for dinner at Epcot?
Tara

The dinner at Ohana features coconut races and hula hoop contests that your little ones will love. It is also the most fantastic meal you'll find at a resort.
Sci Fi's film clips may be a bit scary for your youngest--you'll need to decide. But the ambiance is not to be missed. At some point, get a PS there. It is always on our to-do dining list and our DD and DS are teens now.

As far as EPCOT, you may enjoy mexico with it's setting by an active volcano. Be sure to go on the boat ride. It's never crowded. Germany's Biergarten is a buffet with all kinds of good food to please everyone. And each 30 minutes is a live stage show with lots of polka music. FUN.
:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

Love Love Love the Hoop Dee Doo revue! Its a splurge but well worth it.

We also try to hit spoodles for breakfast, cape may for dinner, and Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner with the charactures!

With our kids at the same ages we enjoyed - The 50's Prime Time Diner and the Sci Fi Diner at MGM (the theming is pretty heavy at both of these). Hoop Dee Doo was fun but it is pricier! One of the best tips I read was to go to the restaurants late in the afternoon and just share appetizers and drinks or desserts - this way you can experience the restaurant without all of the $$$. Character meals are always a hit with my kids. OUr kids alos enjoyed the Rainforest Cafe (Downtown Disney or Animal Kingdom).

In March we were able to get walk in reservations for 3:45 for the Sci Fi Restaurant. However, that is an odd time so I think it wasn't too busy. I would make PS just to be sure. You can always change them and if you have to cancel someone else will gladly take your spot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter