Can't Post now

CdnDisneyNut

<font color=coral>What way does the "C" go again?<
Not new however can not post now. I updated my profile (changed e-mail address). The board sates that I am login in but not allowed to start new threads, post replies, attachments or edit. I cleared the computer cookies, logged out and sign back in with no luck.
The welcome board is the place I can post.

Any help TIA

Do not know what I done now
Tried to fix it myself now I attempt to log in. I get "thanks for logging in but then returns back to home page showing that I have not logged in

Good Morning, CdnDisneyNut!

Here's what's happening: When you change your email address, you'll get an automated email from the DISboards that you must respond to. This is to ensure that the email address is a legitimate one, and it's the same thing that a brand new user must do. Until you've responded to the email, you won't be able to post on the boards other than this one.

The complication is that AOL is a bit of a pain. They have implemented spam filters that are a bit too aggressive, and tend to filter out our activation emails so that you never see them. :mad: It's been an ongoing aggravation.

There are two methods we recommend get around the issue: the first is to establish a non-AOL mail account to use for their DIS business, avoiding the problem altogether. This is the solution I recommend.

The alternative is to add "webmaster@wdwinfo.com" to your AOL email address book. This seems to identify this account as a known one, and allow your activation email through so your account registration can be completed. However, you'll probably have some degree of trouble receiving other DIS related emails. For instance, emails notifying you of responses to subscribed threads may not be consistently received.

There's a thread stuck at the top of the forum with information for AOL users who are having registration difficulties.

I'll keep an eye on this thread to see if you have any trouble getting your changes made... :D

Kathy

Thanks for your help.
I do not have any e-mail in my span folder (I had checked that before my initial request for help)
I have added webmaster@wdwinfo.com to my address book. Should I send an e-mail to that address with my problem? I do have a non AOL emial address however I am unable to modify my profile now.

Mike

Mike,

I just had the activation email resent to you... let's see if it makes it to your inbox this time!

Kathy

No luck
I waited about ½ hour before responding; if I recall from my initial sign on the notification was received within minutes.
Can you change the e-mail to my non AOL account
"xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com" (minus the quotes)
Hope this works

Thanks for your help

Mike

Thanks
I got my email notification
Attempted to click the activation link.
It timed out before I was able to key in the activation ID
Tried to click the link again it said that the ID was already active
Tried to sign on to the DIS board and it did the same thing as before (welcome screen and then back to the home page waiting to enter user and password)

Mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter