Car Battery

The past couple vehicles I've replaced my OEM battery with a Costco battery which pretty much lasted till I was ready for a new vehicle.

Premium unleaded, or do you need to add booster to it…?
And I’m seeing a 10.3:1 compression ratio for that engine, so yea, it’ll probably knock around with regular.
What brand are the intake and the carb…?
Sorry for all the questions, but I’m an old car guy.
Years ago, I had these 2 friends that dropped a 327 Chevy small block into a ‘75 Vega. That thing was fun at the local track, but they never could get the rear suspension dialed in quite right and it would hop off the line about half the time.
Back in the day, my Pop owned a ‘57 Chevy with the Power Pack option. That option included a 4 bbl carb, upgraded heads and cam, and dual exhaust, which added about 20 hp. Some gold trim on the car denoted the Power Pack.
Nothin’ like the sound of a 4 bbl carb with the secondaries kicked in…!!! 🙂
Anyway, fun stuff…!
Summit carb with an Edelbrock 289 Performer intake manifold. I just use premium fuel, 91 octane here, no booster. No knocking, so it runs fine. I do know some who run Regular in their A codes, but the guy who built mine recommends premium fuel.

I do remember hearing that about the Monza.
Don’t remember that about the Apollo, but yes, it was just a Buick Nova…!!!!! 😅
My Pop still owns a ‘71 Chevy Camper special with no A/C or power brakes. When I was a little kid I could stand with my feet touching the ground in the engine compartment between the right wheel well and the exhaust manifold…!!!!! 🤣
Oh, the memories…!!! 🙂
Popular Science magazine did a road test of a Ventura, which was Pontiac's name for their version of the Nova and the car came from the factory with Pontiac on the steering wheel, Nova on the dash, Omega on both front fenders, and Nova on the turnk.

Popular Science magazine did a road test of a Ventura, which was Pontiac's name for their version of the Nova and the car came from the factory with Pontiac on the steering wheel, Nova on the dash, Omega on both front fenders, and Nova on the turnk.

🤣

F8497BE8-F355-4C9D-AAE3-C831C443E3EA.jpeg

Last edited:
Usually my batteries go in the summer. I have a 2018 Camry with about 85k on it. I’ve yet to replace the battery. My son had an accord that had to have a new battery after 3 years, which seems to be our average. I tend to buy the middle priced batteries.

Last time I got a battery, it was the only one they had in stock. :rotfl2:

(To clarify, they only had one kind of battery that would fit my car, I think it was mid range as far as price)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter