Car rental at port?

danjulia

Mouseketeer
It's been nearly 2 years since our last Disney cruise and DH was thinking about car rentals for our Feb '04 trip (I know, well in advance). This trip we've also thrown in the curveball of flying in & out of West Palm (good airfare on Song). We need a rental for the day before our cruise and want to drop off in Port Canaveral. Last cruise we did this with the Avis at the Radisson but my husband was told they're closing that location soon (Aug 1?). Anyone know what's up with that and what our other options are convenient to the port? Thanks in advance...

Sue

We rented from budget, they have an office just a few blocks down the road from the radisson and offer free shuttle to and from the port. Very easy to use, and they were cheaper than avis.

Are they closing this site? I have reservations for 8/15 and 8/23!

Just got off the phone with Avis - booked cars for our Sept cruise and I asked about the Port Canaveral location closing. He checked and said there wasn't anything listed about it and if it were closing he wouldn't have been able to process my request for my dates.

Let's just hope they don't make plans to close it!!!!!

We had an Avis car before the cruise and a different car company for afterwards because Avis was significantly higher in price. When we returned the car Avis asked about our plans for after the cruise and we told them. The actually beat the other companies price (over a 30% discount off of avis' rates) and they cancelled our other reservations for us while we were leaving for the ship.

I know you can't that type of deal while making ressies over the internet, or with their central reservation system and maybe not even with your travel agent. It doesn't hurt to shop around and then let them know what your plans are - it worked for us this time!:bounce: :Pinkbounc

I also used Budget before this past cruise, as they were WAY cheaper than Avis. I picked up the car at MCO, and dropped it off just up the street from the Radisson. Very quick at both ends, very nice, very hassle-free. And we were the only ones on the shuttle -- people at the Radisson when we left were already lining up. Unless Avis comes up with some amazing deal, I'm definitely going with Budget again!

-gina-

It's true about the location change. I just got off the phone with the Avis desk at the Radisson and they are moving to a different location 1.5 miles away from the Radisson starting August 1. You will have to drop off the car at the new location and they can shuttle you back to either the Radisson or directly to the cruise terminal. I booked Avis for the convenience factor! Now it looks like they're at par with the other rental agencies in terms of convenience.

Yikes! I wonder why they are moving. It was very convienient. Now that I think about it, it doesn't make much of a difference for us. We have a big group going and we were planning on dropping most of the group and the luggage at the terminal and have the guys take the rental cars back. So I guess it really doesn't matter where the drop off is - as long as it is in the area.

Is Budget on site at Orlando Airport?

Thanks danjulia and Mr. Ed for letting us know.

Off to go check rates at Budget!!!!!

Gail

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter