Car rental for Easter

ddawg

Mouseketeer
Has anyone been able to get a good rate for a car rental for Easter (April). I am looking at Alamo or National. The rates are really high . If you have any codes that would work for that time it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I have been looking also with pretty poor results. Right now I have an intermediate booked with National. I am using the old DC code and a coupon. I am renting from April 19-April 28 and I have a total price of 250.00 and some change. Anyone got anything better??

Hi poohbear2 and ddawg,

If you try Dollar and use some of the codes, you should be able to get a deal of somekind. Keep trying the codes because some are better than others. Persistence is the key. I have talked to Dollar and they said more discounts should be out in Feb.
Try this site:
pcpages.com/rentalcodes/

I am not really good at giving web addresses, but this should work!

Pixie dust to you both!!

Kimmie:D

How did you get such a low rate? I have been checking for months and it has come down a little to around $540.00. I have used the old DC code as well.

I got a full size from Budget for 10 days in early April for about $270 after code and coupon. Got the codes from : pcpages.com/rentalcodes/

Reserved it a couple weeks back. It was and still is the best deal I could find for that class of car. Still looking for a better deal though!

I'm waiting, better deals seem to come out closer to the time. I have been able to get midsize and vans for 199 over the past 3 easters so thats what i'm hoping for this year. Most of the codes don't seem to work right now

Pretty sure the weekly rate for my full size was $199. I'd rather have a mini-van at that rate though. Lets hope...

ddawg:

I used the Old DC club PLUS a coupon from The Vacation Outlet.

If you don't have a vacation outlet in your area, I believe they are on line and the coupons are available on the website. I think the site is www.vacationoutlet.com. I booked this in the end of August. I have been going on line almost every day to check rates!! I know if I was using the same codes and coupon now, I would be paying about 100-125 more! I will continue on!! Thanks johnpaulsw and kimmie for the website info.

Best rates I've found with $ so far has been:

$249.99 for Jeep Cherokee
$249.99 for minivan
$181.99 for Dodge Intrepid

These rates are all for 1 week during peak Easter time. Can't remember what codes I used, but I tried all the ones listed on mousesavers.com.

Sounds like more rates may come out so I'm going to keep checking. :p

just got minivan for 249$ 13th -20th with dollar using fltvl. Didn't work yesterday and today it did. hope to do even better but grabbed this for now

I just got off the phone with Alamo and got a compact car for $216 from April 18 (picking it up at 12:30 a.m.) until April 24 with an AARP discount. DH is the AARP member ;)

pin
remember the magic
DVC/BCVs 2002

Hi all, and thanks for the info and any additional info.

To disnurse, did you call the 800 number for Dollar, use their website, or etc., to get the $249 weekly rate?

To Melsmice, what rental company are your great rates from?

thanks again..

DonnyFan - I got my rates from Dollar. I just punched in all the codes that they list on mousesavers & went with the best available.

Actually, last year I got a better rate for the Intrepid, but I thought they were pretty good considering it is peak season.

Good luck! :)

We rented a mid-size thru Hertz for April 19-26, but are picking up the car at a Hertz location about 15-minutes from the airport. The rate for a 7-day is $149. Cab fare to and from the off-site rental is $15-20 each way. Still cheaper than an airport rental.

Actually Dollar is right on site & you can get the Fastlane privelege & go right to the front of the line.

The full size is the Dodge Intrepid which is $188 (doesn't include taxes) for the week, so with a $20 cab ride to Hertz & then another $20 back when you return the car puts you at about the same price.

For us it's just less hassle & headache to pick it up on site. JMO.

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Yipee - saving myself another $50. :smooth:

Just checked mousesavers again & used the code KISS3 with Dollar & got a minivan for $229.99/wk. We'll be staying for 15 days so it saved us $50. So excited. :Pinkbounc :bounce:

DonnyFan
sorry for the delay in answering. I used flvtg code found on mousesavers. just check the site for exact code. it worked for me. the others were well into the 400's.

Melsmice,

I tried all the codes but can't come up with anyting even close to my $149 (which includes tax) for Easter Week -- even with cab fare of $40. The base rate was $129 for a mid-size.

disneydiz - my mistake. I thought your rate was without tax & without the cab fare. Good for you. :D

However, for us, we did the off-site once & that was enough. It is too much of a hassle to cart the luggage for 5 people and have to sit around and wait for the shuttles to arrive & transport us.

As soon as we plan a WDW trip the first thing DH says is "make sure the rental car agency is on-site & I prefer Dollar".

Just what works for us. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter