Car Rental SUV vs Mini Van

Christina Troiano

Earning My Ears
Headed to Disney Nov 14. 3 adults and 2 small toddlers in car seats. We have decided to rent car to avoid public transit. Deciding between large SUV (Tahoe or sim) or a mini van. Anyone offer any advice? Also, has anyone rented car seats through car rental agency? We will have atleast 5 suitcases plus carry on bags

I would never rent a car seat. You don't know if they've been properly cared for. We've always taken our own

Also, I'd go with a mini van. Easier to park, the sliding doors are amazing in tight spaces vs trying to keep your door from smacking another car while buckling a car seat, and I find the seating is more comfortable for adults.

Also, I'd go with a mini van. Easier to park, the sliding doors are amazing in tight spaces vs trying to keep your door from smacking another car while buckling a car seat, and I find the seating is more comfortable for adults.
That is what I was thinking, but I am not sure the suitcases and a double stroller will all fit?

That is what I was thinking, but I am not sure the suitcases and a double stroller will all fit?
Much better chance of getting all of that to fit in a minivan rather than a Tahoe. More height to work with. I've never rented a car seat from a rental place, we always wanted ours in their car seats on the plane.

The 3rd row usually splits so you can have half up for seating and the other half folder down for more storage space. if you don't use the 3rd row at all theres a TON of space. I have an odyssey and I miss the height of my old pilot (sits up higher) there is so much more trunk space. We had 7 ppl, 3 adults 4 kids (3 in booster seats) plus all of the luggage for a weekend trip in my minivan and there was plenty of space for everyone.

I'd vote for a minivan. I would recommend bringing your own car seats. We had checked in our car seat once and another family grabbed it at the destination by mistake so we had to use a car seats from the car rental agency for a day before we got ours back. The car seat looked abused and worn. My son also said it was very uncomfortable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!