Car Service cancellation question

momtwoboys

DIS Veteran
For those of you who had booked a Car service for trips in March/April. How have they been at refunding? Just asking without mentioning names. I booked one on Feb 26th for an April trip not knowing this trip would need to be cancelled.

Not sure there's any anecdotal advice that would be helpful besides calling/emailing yourself and getting the answer straight from whoever you booked with. This is a fluid situation and every business is taking things a day at a time.

Great minds think alike, lol -- but you type faster than I do!

The car companies who are frequently mentioned here are all reputable people. I doubt that you'll have any issue -- but if you do, dispute the charge with your credit card.

Gotcha! yes I emailed to cancel, and was told they need to process paperwork for the refund. I cancelled March1st and still waiting for a refund and now with the influx of people cancelling and rebooking I was wondering if anyone else was being given a hard time about getting a refund. Just asking what others experience in this situation has been. I will wait until April1st which will be one month since I cancelled, our trip a April 3/9th and I thought I was ahead of the game in giving them enough time. Then I will contact credit card and take it from there. Thanks everyone! Good luck to those rebooking and cancelling so many aspects of a trip during this time.

If they don't refund your reservation -- including if you have to dispute the charge to get the refund -- please come back here and let folks know.

A LOT of people on this board use these companies, and if there is one that's not operating ethically, people need to know.

If they don't refund your reservation -- including if you have to dispute the charge to get the refund -- please come back here and let folks know.

A LOT of people on this board use these companies, and if there is one that's not operating ethically, people need to know.
this was why I spoke up by posting this , I booked Feb 26 th and paid in full, days later a friend who lives in Celebration told us they would treat us to pick us up from MCO so I cancelled March 1. Well before my actual April3/9 vacation had to be literally cancelled for real! I have been treated poorly by this company via emails and the owner keeps claiming he will refund but now its almost a month later and I keep checking my credit card, I will never book with them going forward. And we travel to WDW yearly as Ap/DVC owners. They lost my trust! Garden Grocer was amazing at their customer service during these cancellations and will be reordering from them for Sept and will order more! Even WDW has refunded back our few nights resort that were booked.

this was why I spoke up by posting this , I booked Feb 26 th and paid in full, days later a friend who lives in Celebration told us they would treat us to pick us up from MCO so I cancelled March 1. Well before my actual April3/9 vacation had to be literally cancelled for real! I have been treated poorly by this company via emails and the owner keeps claiming he will refund but now its almost a month later and I keep checking my credit card
You've been more than patient. I would go ahead with the credit card dispute.

When you talk to your credit card company, be sure to tell them that the owner has repeatedly told you they would refund, but have not kept their word. The merchant actually has the final say in disputes, but letting the credit card company know he's repeatedly said he was going to refund makes their case stronger.

You might also consider a Better Business Bureau complaint. BBB has no authority, of course, but no business likes to have BBB complaints.

You've been more than patient. I would go ahead with the credit card dispute.

When you talk to your credit card company, be sure to tell them that the owner has repeatedly told you they would refund, but have not kept their word. The merchant actually has the final say in disputes, but letting the credit card company know he's repeatedly said he was going to refund makes their case stronger.

You might also consider a Better Business Bureau complaint. BBB has no authority, of course, but no business likes to have BBB complaints.
and I'm not a complainer, but I will NEVER use this service again.... lesson learned!

and I'm not a complainer, but I will NEVER use this service again.... lesson learned!
Objecting to being lied to is not being "a complainer." It's called being a smart consumer.

You're not trying to beat them out of something; you're trying to get them to do what they promised to do from the start.

Objecting to being lied to is not being "a complainer." It's called being a smart consumer.

You're not trying to beat them out of something; you're trying to get them to do what they promised to do from the start.
thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter