Caribbean Carnaval at Sapphire Falls

georgina

DIS Veteran
I just got an email about this event on Feb 23 during my trip. I did a search and only found a few threads from last spring, with no replies from anyone who went to it. So, anyone been? The food looks good, but I will be solo so I'm not sure I will get the most enjoyment out f it.

Description - Experience the vibrant colors, rich sounds and delightful tastes of the Bahamas, Cuba, Jamaica, Barbados and Trinidad at this lively celebration. You’ll enjoy authentic Caribbean cuisine and participate in songs and dances inspired by the Caribbean Islands. Come join the party, do the limbo and jump into the conga line at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort at Universal Orlando™.

We were gifted two tickets to the Caribbean Carnival night last year........we enjoyed it, it was incredibly hot though as it was under an open marquee, but it was September and boiling hot.

Food we thought was excellent and there was plenty of it.......cocktails were freely poured and you could go up to the small bar for wine and beer. Non alcoholic drinks are available too. There is a report on it in my September trip report from last year........but to save you raking through that as it is long for the rundown on it, I`ll post a few of my pictures for you.

The premise of the show is a tour of the Caribbean through music.........the show is high energy and a lot of fun. They do have audience participation, but you don't feel pressured to get up......there is a Conga line near the end that lots of people get up for.

One thing for me is......I hate Bob Marley and his music......just not for me......and there is a few of his songs of course........but the rest of the show was a lot of fun. And as I said the food was excellent. The tables are nicely mixed. We had premium seats so were right at the front, but really it`s quite a small marquee so not really a bad seat there. And the show was good.

I wouldn't however do it again......a one and done for us, but would recommend it as it was enjoyable.

i-4mfqJ73-XL.jpg

i-Zr3W6Bt-XL.jpg

i-HMjLhbj-XL.jpg

i-BnKJrfm-XL.jpg

i-JF8KL8V-XL.jpg

i-StKBg3B-XL.jpg

i-Ffbw8N5-XL.jpg

i-85BNK2D-XL.jpg

i-zHtWpCH-XL.jpg

i-T5btzDg-XL.jpg

i-BpJK3pq-XL.jpg

i-BXhKVcn-XL.jpg

i-PKKQrkV-XL.jpg

Thank you for the great information! Especially the pics of the venue, with large tables I wouldn't be seated by myself, so I may give it a try (and I do like Bob Marley!) The weather for February looks pretty good. I will check to see if there is an AP discount.

You’re welcome.

It is ideal for a solo guest, everyone seems to chat and mix well.........

Hope you enjoy it if you do go.

Tickets must not be selling well. I just got an email for 25% off for this Friday. I think I will do it!

Might be a quiet time right now for them......

Hope you enjoy it if you go.

I did go since the tickets were discounted. Everything looked exactly the same except there were only 5 tables and they weren't all full, maybe 30 people. The food was good, the rum punch was good (but quite weak), and the performers worked very hard. Most of the crowd got up and danced. It was fun, but I agree that once was enough.

I did go since the tickets were discounted. Everything looked exactly the same except there were only 5 tables and they weren't all full, maybe 30 people. The food was good, the rum punch was good (but quite weak), and the performers worked very hard. Most of the crowd got up and danced. It was fun, but I agree that once was enough.

Yes the punch lacked kick.......but I agree, it was nice.

Glad you enjoyed it though.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter