Cases rising or dropping by you?

Orange County CA: Back above 0% ICU bed availability for the first time in a couple of months, so there's light at the end of the tunnel. (Aside: my wife and I have now had vax #1.)

Way, way, way down from the peak last fall. Province-wide we're down to 360'ish hospitalizations and only 77 people in ICU. The health-system crisis has been averted. The death-toll continues to rise (16 more today), all victims aged 70-100.

Numbers are way down. After 8 months the state finally started reporting per test data rather than per person data. Current 7 day average positivity rate is 3.4%. Twice this week my county has had single digit increases in cases. Schools go back full time starting Thursday. Now if the outside temps were didn't start with a - we'd be in a good place.

We have dropped a lot in the last few weeks. We have been around 2000-3000 each day. We no longer have a curfew. Bars and restaurants can now stay open as long as they want.

For those wondering about Disneyland re-opening, we need the county (Orange County CA) to get back to the Red Tier for three weeks (I thought it was two weeks till I read this official OC we page), and we need the three of the metrics shown to be below certain levels. Two of them are already there - we just need # of cases per 100k to be below 7.0, and we're now at 7.6. And reopening can't happen before April 1st. (Expect a DL re-opening gag or two.) At the Red Tier the parks can have 15% capacity, and 25% at the Orange Tier. Bookmark this page to keep up to date.

Dropping, yet lucky us, Oregon is the first U.S. State to have an identified case of COVID19 "variant of concern". Meaning COVID19 is spontaneously mutating since we now have an Oregon mutation of COVID19.

It will be interesting to see how things go here in Texas. It was dropping but as of Tuesday anything goes so we will see.

For those wondering about Disneyland re-opening, we need the county (Orange County CA) to get back to the Red Tier for three weeks (I thought it was two weeks till I read this official OC we page), and we need the three of the metrics shown to be below certain levels. Two of them are already there - we just need # of cases per 100k to be below 7.0, and we're now at 7.6. And reopening can't happen before April 1st. (Expect a DL re-opening gag or two.) At the Red Tier the parks can have 15% capacity, and 25% at the Orange Tier. Bookmark this page to keep up to date.

Seems those critical metrics are updated only on Tuesdays, but as of today OC has the numbers to be in the Red Tier!!! Keep it up for three weeks (or is it two?) and they'll be in the Red Tier (read the fine print on that). DL cannot open before April 1st regardless, but things are looking good.

The 7 day moving average is around 600ish here in AZ. And it’s remained at that since the end of March. It’s just flat.

Our new confirmed cases here in Texas (Statewide) is at 1,500 today, that is about the same as May 2020. We hit peaks in July and January.

My county is seeing a slight increase of new cases over the past month. Our daily cases were below 2/100k and now are just under 6/100k. Our positivity is about the same at 1.5%.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!