Cash only, how much do we need for 7 day western cruise?

martel-luv-wdw

Mouseketeer
We both enjoy drinking beer.
DS (7) loves to shop. What are the best souvoneers?
Want to go on a couple excursion (stingray, mini golf)
Rent floats, ect. in castaway cay.
Pictures, other item?

What have others spent money on?

I'd love to know also. We are booked May 8, 2004. Will we see you onboard?

Originally posted by Tandyc

You'll see US onboard May 8th.....We are not big drinkers so last cruise the bar bill was all of 10.00 LOL...the pictures on the other hand were well over 100, and the excursions were what cost the most. This time we are booking the Sting Ray swim but not through Disney, I think we are just doing the beach the other stop and the Conch Train in Key West. Don't forget all the cash for tips either, I know last time I was glad I brought extra cash because I tipped everyone well over what was posted. Last trip we rented 3 floats in Castaway Cay but we won't do that again, none of us used them at the same time so we really could have just gotten one or two and been fine with that. The only time I even went into the stores onboard was to buy cough medicine and I didn't even let my daughter know there WERE stores onboard LOL, maybe this time I will show her! If your son likes to play video games you will need money for that. We also spent money on popcorn and soda at the shows and movies.

With tips, shore excursions (not expensive ones either), bar tabs, spa, photo's, souveniers, and what nots, we spent over $1500 on our Magic Eastern last summer.

Anne

the spa is what got us, 2 massages on Castaway Cay, the surial experience and some products + tips was over $500.

We didn't drink that much (a glass of wine at dinner, a few drinks at the entertainment) - I think about $80 total

We spent over $200 in photos - they turned out WONDERFULLY and we are lazy about taking the kids in here so I justified that cost as a year's worth of sittings at home.

We bought a few things on-board - got some great windbreakers for the kids at 1/2 price ($24.98) and one for a neighbor friend, a coffee mug, signed map, pens, etc. A t-shirt for everyone on Castaway.

The only excursion we did was Captain Marvin's and it was $100 for 4 (DD was 3 years old and free and probably enjoyed it the most of all of us, although we all loved it), plus we tipped the boat crew ($10) and bought the video.

We wandered in Key West, had some pie and drinks. We didn't even get off the ship in Cozumel (btdt) so that was a cheap day

hope this helps!

btw, we charged almost everything to our room and I brought $50 in ones for tips and used very little of it - we only had room service a few times (3?) and tipped the porters with $5 + some ones to equal about $2/bag. I won't take as many ones this time.

We were close to $1500 on last year's Thanksgiving Magic cruise. This included excursions, drinks, couple of bottles of wine at dinner, couples spa, etc.

Hi Martel-luv-wdw, I don't know if I missed something in your question or the other replies or if I'm just stating the obvious. As far as the ship, excursions, drinks, tips (other than room service and porters) spa and what ever, as Masonpips stated he charged everything to his room. You can not use cash on board. In the subject post you stated cash, I'm not sure if you meant cash specifically or just in general how much money to allow for.

I just didn't want anyone to get confused. Sorry if I mis-read the thread. Have fun!

Just to make sure I didn't confuse anyone further.....

Your KTTW card is used for everything on board (except for room service tips).

You can bring cash to pay your on board account if you do not want to charge it to a credit/debit card. I've always used my debit and they charge it every $250 or so. I've never used cash for this, but you may have to put it down ahead of time(?)

You can also pay the server and host tips in cash if you like. They will put envelopes on your bed for this. These can be charged to the room at guest services if you want. You will get separate receipts to put in the envelopes.

Again, if you are only talking about cash, I would bring some for off shore. I know you are not going to Nassau, but we found that cash was the only thing that was accepted at the places we inquired.

Ah--if we're talking strictly how much CASH to bring along, we went through about $300 between tips for room service/shore excursions and on shore purchases made with cash. That's on top of the $1500 we charged on the cruise :rolleyes: :eek:

My DH is one to tip everyone though--he tipped the drivers and tour guide on our shore excursions, and the lady handing out the punch at the end of our walking tour in Charlotte Amalie. Ah well, what's a few bucks to brighten someones day? :)

Anne

Originally posted by Tandyc
We are booked for May 8th 2004 too!!

I know kids (7 & 4) want to do the dolphin encounter (not cheap) and there are some other excursions we'd like to do along with tipping, souvenirs, photos and everything else......I'm guessing lots of money :eek:.........maybe 1500.00 or more ??? Not sure yet.
:rolleyes:

It sure adds up fast, doesn't it!!

Wow - a $10 bar bill now that is amazing.

Just a reminder - there is no way to put a limit on spending on kids cards (rumors constantly circulate saying you can). They either have charging priv. or not. I wound up getting a print out each day to remind the kids how much each had spent.

Also a reminder - the arcade can be a magnetic lure for some kids....mine spent almost all their money on it ($75 from holidays) and, I think, would have spent much more. The card dispensors are IN the arcade....no permission needed if they have priv. Just swipe and get an arcade card.
Barbara

Just asking how much we need to pay the bill. We dont want to put anything on credit cards. Sorry for the confusion.

we were on the june 28 magic eastern my wife and i spent about 800.00 we are a year from 60. our son 38 and grandaughter age 9 in the connecting cabin on deck 7 spent over 2,ooo.oo so for the 4 of us it was about 3,ooo.oo. my wife and i only went to the clubs about 4 time and only had one drink in each their was not anything on the ship that we baucht only photos ad 2 hair doos for my wife , the kids did buy a lot of stuff and realy enjoyed ther selfes but did not over spend so the way i figure it the extra cost is about 1,000.00 per person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter