Cast Membe Discount?

jenny08

Mouseketeer
I am not sure if anyone is familar with this but I thought it was worth a shot to ask. Does the bride or groom have to be the cast member in order to use the cast member discount for a Disney wedding, floral, etc? My FMIL and FFIL are both cast members so I was wondering if we were eligible.

TIA! :thumbsup2

When i was married back in 1997 i was a Disney Store Cast member & the only discount i got was at some stores in downtown disney & maybe a few places for dinner, but nothing for the wedding

I still did whip it out every chance i got just to be safe.

I think that the FMIL & FFIL have to purchase anything that discounts can apply to

but id ask to check...couldnt hurt

I know when I was a cast member we were the only ones that got the discount. I was able to use the discount for my family, but I had to purchase everything. i.e. make the reservations at the resorts, purchase the souveniers. I don't think the DFTW would work, because they aren't the ones that are getting married and signing the contract. It wouldn't hurt to ask though.

We are having a castmember wedding. My FFIL is a full time castmember. In order to get discount, it has to be an immediate family member of either the DB or DG. You get 10% on entertainment, flowers and F&B. If you use all 3 disney services, then you get an additional 10% on F&B. The castmember has to have atleast 1 full year of service and be either a casual or full time castmember(I think).

I don't know if this helps, but you can get a discount on the hotel rooms. My friend booked a ton of rooms and we got the discount on all of them. Hey, every little bit counts! ;)

My son and fiancee are full time cast members. this thread is a little old, so I was wondering what the discounts are in 2020?

@kristytru I imagine they're around the same, but can't know for sure until you talk to someone that works in that department.

I'm wondering if bringing your own bouquets but doing disney floral for all other decor still gets you the extra 10%? Just considering getting silk flowers for the bouquet so I can keep it.

My son and fiancee are full time cast members. this thread is a little old, so I was wondering what the discounts are in 2020?

Disney's Fairytale Weddings is still doing 10% off food and beverage every day of the week except Saturday, plus 10% off Cinderella’s Glass Coach, the Landau Coach, certain entertainment, photography and floral services every day of the week. If you use Disney for all floral, photography, and entertainment services, you’ll receive an additional 10% discount on food and beverages Sunday through Friday.

These discounts are not available for events in May, October, or November. They can be passed from a parent who's a cast member but no other relatives or friends. Your son and his fiancée can find the info on the Hub.

@kristytru I imagine they're around the same, but can't know for sure until you talk to someone that works in that department.

I'm wondering if bringing your own bouquets but doing disney floral for all other decor still gets you the extra 10%? Just considering getting silk flowers for the bouquet so I can keep it.

Yes, as long as you're paying them to do some floral, you'll get the discount. They can also make you a silk bouquet, but at Disney prices. ;)

Just got my first email from the DFTW team and they attached an info sheet on the CM discount. Looks like it's only good on Sunday/Monday/Thursday weddings!

CAST MEMBER DISCOUNTS

DISCOUNTS
Please note discounts are not applicable for events in May, October, November and December.
Food & Beverage
A 10% discount on food & beverage (excluding package bars and all alcoholic beverages) will be offered
for Thursday, Sunday or Monday weddings with a brunch, lunch and dinner reception.
If all photography, floral and entertainment services are provided by Walt Disney World® an additional
10% discount will be offered on food & beverage (excluding package bars and all alcoholic beverages) for
Thursday, Sunday and Monday weddings with a brunch, lunch or dinner reception.
Entertainment, Floral & Photography
A 10% discount will be offered on select entertainment, floral and wedding day photography packages
for Thursday, Sunday and Monday weddings with a brunch, lunch or dinner reception.
Transportation
A 10% discount on Cinderella’s Coach or the Landau Coach will be available for Thursday, Sunday and
Monday weddings with a brunch, lunch or dinner reception.

GUIDELINES
• Cast members that are eligible for the discount include bride, groom or parent(s) of couple only.
• The individual must be currently statused as a full time or CR (Casual Regular) Cast Member with
more than one year of service at the Walt Disney World® Resort when the Weddings Letter of
Agreement is signed.
• Eligible cast members include Walt Disney World® cast, Vero Beach, Hilton Head and Disney Cruise
Line (shore-side only) cast.

ALL PRICING AND OFFERINGS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE

EXCLUSIONS
• Discounts are not applicable to ceremony only, or ceremony and celebration events.
• The package bars and all alcoholic beverages are not subject to be discounted.
• Transportation (limousines, motor coaches and town cars) are not subject to be discounted.
• Siblings, friends and extended family members are not eligible to pass discount to couple.
• World-wide Disneyland locations, ABC, ESPN, Disney Stores, Disney Channel, Disney Regional
Entertainment and all subsidiaries are not eligible.
• Seasonal cast members are not eligible.
• Third party vendors at Walt Disney World® Resort are not eligible.
• Discounts may not be applicable on certain dates and holidays.
• Disney Character appearances are not eligible to be discounted.
• The “Outside Entertainment Fee” is not eligible to be discounted.
• Discount applies to only resort-based and theme park weddings
• Videography services are not subject to be discounted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!