Cast Member Family and Friends Discount questions

Laura's Dad

DIS Veteran
We have a friend of ours that is a seasonal WDW Cast Member. He told us that he would help us get a Friends and Family discount on our trip that we are planning for December 2019. We really do not want to bombard him with a lot of questions so we are looking for some answers on the DIS Boards:

1. How far in advance do Friends and Family discounts come out?

2. Do they offer a discounted Dining Plan along with the room discount?

3. How difficult are the discounts to obtain?

Any help would be appreciated.

We have a friend of ours that is a seasonal WDW Cast Member. He told us that he would help us get a Friends and Family discount on our trip that we are planning for December 2019. We really do not want to bombard him with a lot of questions so we are looking for some answers on the DIS Boards:

1. How far in advance do Friends and Family discounts come out?

2. Do they offer a discounted Dining Plan along with the room discount?

3. How difficult are the discounts to obtain?

Any help would be appreciated.

1) I'm not sure how far in advance they come out, but I swear I asked about one a year away.

2) The dining plan is not discounted.

3) The earlier the better to book, because they do sell quickly.

My ex was a cast member for about 4 years and we went almost every year but only took advantage of the cast member discount to stay on property once. As the previous poster mentioned, the dining package is rarely discounted for cast members, and since we already had a maingate pass and ticket vouchers, the only real discount was on the room itself and even at a discount, off site was cheaper for us.
As much as you don’t want to burden your friend, they will be your best source of information. Cast members have their own access to book their vacations, print off vouchers, etc and only they can do it.

The cast member must be employed when you take your trip. Rules are different for seasonal cast members. The cast member really needs to check the rules for them booking.

If my cast member friend books a discounted room for me, what proof is needed at check in that the person booking is a retired cast member. Do I need a copy of their ID or ?

If my cast member friend books a discounted room for me, what proof is needed at check in that the person booking is a retired cast member. Do I need a copy of their ID or ?
They need to fax the front and back of their ID to the resort 10 days prior to your arrival. I am retired too and this is what I do.

Quick question about booking, our daughter is a cast member and will be staying with us but does she have to use her credit card to pay for the hotel accommodations or can we use our credit card? Thanks

when she calls to make the reservation make sure she lets them know she will be staying in the room, but you are paying with your credit card. It shouldn’t be an issue. You can then call and give all your information with the deposit.

Do you know if cast members get discounts on the refillable resort cups..?

Does the CM have to be staying in the room with you to get the discounted room rate?
No, I just booked a room for myself and my husband along with 2 other rooms at the Boardwalk for next March. As long as they are staying at the same resort as you they are able to book an other guest room. Right now there are no Friends and Family rates available for 2020. That may change down the road, but none are available to book tight now

No, I just booked a room for myself and my husband along with 2 other rooms at the Boardwalk for next March. As long as they are staying at the same resort as you they are able to book an other guest room. Right now there are no Friends and Family rates available for 2020. That may change down the road, but none are available to book tight now
Do you know if you have to pay for parking?

But the CM would have to be staying at the resort in another room? For example they couldn’t just be staying at their home and getting a room discount for a friend coming down to visit?

CM benefits and discounts should not be discussed on public forum - direct your questions to the CM that would be booking for you.

But the CM would have to be staying at the resort in another room? For example they couldn’t just be staying at their home and getting a room discount for a friend coming down to visit?
Yes, otherwise it is called a friends and family rate and there are none available for booking for 2020. As stated by a previous poster these questions are best answered by the cast member who will be booking your room. I am retired an no longer have HUB access.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts