castaway cay 5K PHM weekend

leslienish

Earning My Ears
Hi!
I just signed up for the cruise after the PHM at WDW on 9/5/14. I wanted to sign up for the castaway cay 5K challenge, but when I went to the registration page, it says "DCL reservations must be booked by 9/1/14 or your challenge registration will be forfeited."
Does that mean it is too late to sign up? I can enter everything and it takes me to the payment page. I want to be sure before I sign up that I can still register. I tried calling rundisney and I can only leave a message.
Any help???
Thanks!!!
PS. I already have registered for the princess half....

I have no answers.

I just have a lot of empathy for the confusion you must be feeling. That's mind-boggling. And it's frustrating because you really have to contact DCL and rundisney, and rundisney isn't going to be available until Monday, I believe.

ETA: It was confusing enough signing up for the WDW Marathon weekend CC challenge... "Use the promotional code RUN at the time of booking your Disney Cruise Line vacation. Be sure to enter your Cruise reservation number when registering for the race." Except there's nowhere to put that code when booking online, and no one quite knew what they were doing.

But at least there's nothing with a date like with your Princess info!

I feel for the OP. I left a message with RunDisney months ago in connection with the code. But never heard back.

We had already booked our cruise while onboard, but I wasn't clear if the RUN code would be instead of the OBB code. I didn't want to lose my OBB and pay $65 just to get a better Castaway Cay medal. -- Suzanne

I feel for the OP. I left a message with RunDisney months ago in connection with the code. But never heard back.

We had already booked our cruise while onboard, but I wasn't clear if the RUN code would be instead of the OBB code. I didn't want to lose my OBB and pay $65 just to get a better Castaway Cay medal. -- Suzanne

All the code does is make sure you are booking the right cruise. There is no discount using the code.

Thanks! I just hope I hear back from rundisney. I called to book the cruise and the representative was a little confused because she thought the CC challenge was only in January. She said she would just put "Run" on the reservation though.

All the code does is make sure you are booking the right cruise. There is no discount using the code.

Yes, I realize that there is no discount using the RUN code. My question is whether you can book with more than one code: the RUN code for the CCC and my existing code for the OBB. -- Suzanne

Yes, I realize that there is no discount using the RUN code. My question is whether you can book with more than one code: the RUN code for the CCC and my existing code for the OBB. -- Suzanne

When I called to book they had a special spot to put it in; it wasn't really in any "code" field or anything. More like a notation on the account/cruise.

OP, call rundisney tomorrow during their business hours. And keep calling. Don't wait for them to get back to you. Maybe even put something on rundisney's facebook page.

When I called to book they had a special spot to put it in; it wasn't really in any "code" field or anything. More like a notation on the account/cruise.

OP, call rundisney tomorrow during their business hours. And keep calling. Don't wait for them to get back to you. Maybe even put something on rundisney's facebook page.

Thanks. That makes me feel better about booking the CCC. -- Suzanne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter