Castaway Cay Wave Runners

ChicosWife

The Caribbean DCL Life For Us!
Has anyone done this excursion? It seems a little pricey for only 45 minutes to an hour. What was your experience? :chat:

MY DS did it a few years ago, as a single driver, and from his review I would say it was worth it. He enjoyed it very much. However now that my younger DS is 18 and has been waiting to drive one, it seems they only offer the doubles. With the price for the doubles for someone who wants to drive alone, I'm not sure if it will still be a good value.

Edited to clarify, I'm talking about the Watercraft Ski Adventure. I'm not sure if that is what you were asking about.

Last edited:
Just info: They do go outside the breakwater and if the wind/waves pick up, they will cancel the excursion.

My daughter (19 at the time) and I did it a year and a half ago. It was fun - though a wild ride. Think of it as being like horseback ride. It is follow the leader around to the backside of the island and you are given the chance to "open up" the throttle. Some of us used muscles we hadn't used in a while.

We did this one early last year and it was absolutely worth it. While it is a guided tour, they let you go as fast as you want (obviously not passing the lead guide) and you get off briefly on the other side of the island and they talk about the sea life and such. It was well worth the price. Definitely try to book one of the early morning ones as the seas tend to get rougher as the day goes on and they may cancel.

Has anyone done this excursion? It seems a little pricey for only 45 minutes to an hour. What was your experience? :chat:
If the wave runners are also called jet skis, we did this. It scared the living daylights out of me. The guide went way too fast and I had a hard time keeping up with him. Not to mention, we went over some pretty big waves. So, if you enjoy adrenaline coursing through your veins and have no fear of mortality, then go for it. It seemed like far longer than 45 minutes for me bc I wanted to turn back around when we picked up speed. When we got back to shore, I couldn’t stop crying, I was so overwhelmed with fear. It took probably 10 minutes to calm myself. :scared: With that being said, my husband loved it because I think he’s a closeted adrenaline junkie.:drive:

My husband and I did this a couple of years ago and loved it. We were actually worried on the front end that it would be too tame....as I guess we like the adrenaline! We were pleasantly surprised. However, we had two guides and one stayed in the front and one stayed in the back and therefore we had people at all speeds on our excursion. The front group would just do loops until the back group caught back up. We had an amazing time....and even saw a small shark! We did the first excursion in the morning and I felt like that was a great choice. We got maybe 10 minutes extra because everyone showed up early and so we got going early. Also, it didn't interrupt our Castaway Cay day very much at all. We still made it back to the Beach before the Beach was too crowded.

Is this even still an option? When our booking opened, there wasn't even an option to book anything waterski or wave runner related.

Is this even still an option? When our booking opened, there wasn't even an option to book anything waterski or wave runner related.

I'm having my doubts. We are doing B2Bs in August. When our booking window opened we could only get the double option. It wasn't giving me the single. I finally gave in and booked the double for for DS on our 3 night cruise. I have been checking periodically to see if the single was added but now the double is not even showing up on either the 3 or 4 night cruise. I'm wondering if they are stopping this and his excursion will end up cancelled. :confused3

I'm having my doubts. We are doing B2Bs in August. When our booking window opened we could only get the double option. It wasn't giving me the single. I finally gave in and booked the double for for DS on our 3 night cruise. I have been checking periodically to see if the single was added but now the double is not even showing up on either the 3 or 4 night cruise. I'm wondering if they are stopping this and his excursion will end up cancelled. :confused3

Thanks for the response! Neither single or double are available for my trip. Pretty depressing!

I hate to be the downer. Like OP mentioned that they will close it down in the winter season with a small amount of wind or chop in the sea. I have tried to book this 4 times in Nov, Dec and Jan and all have been canceled due to weather. In all 4 of these cases we were able to dock on CC and still had fun.

It's still showing when I look at port adventures for CC. It's called Watercraft Adventure, or something like that.

I hate to be the downer. Like OP mentioned that they will close it down in the winter season with a small amount of wind or chop in the sea. I have tried to book this 4 times in Nov, Dec and Jan and all have been canceled due to weather. In all 4 of these cases we were able to dock on CC and still had fun.

Well, that is actually good news, that it's not cancelled all together.

It's still showing when I look at port adventures for CC. It's called Watercraft Adventure, or something like that.

I see that as well, but unfortunately they're not listed as an activity in the actual booking section once your cruise window for activities opens.

I only found double available the day my window opened up. Does single sell out that fast or are they no longer offering single?

I see that as well, but unfortunately they're not listed as an activity in the actual booking section once your cruise window for activities opens.

Maybe that is why I don't remember it as an option in the past when we booked excursions on CC?

Quick update: The Castaway Cay wave runners are listed for the cruise again, but unfortunately they're sold out for my trip. I don't know how they sold out when they weren't even listed, so that's pretty disappointing.

When we logged in as Gold they weren't showing up on my options to book, not even as sold out. So I called DCL and they said there was a glitch in the system (imagine that) and that it wasn't showing up at all it if it was sold out. They hadn't realized it was doing that until a few of us called in. The next day it showed up, but showed up as sold out. I question it actually being sold out though. We have been on 5 cruises now and the jet skis have always been available right up to the check in window closing on every cruise. Checked in as Gold and they are already sold out, I highly doubt it.
Only doubles can be booked now. They won't do singles anymore.

When we logged in as Gold they weren't showing up on my options to book, not even as sold out. So I called DCL and they said there was a glitch in the system (imagine that) and that it wasn't showing up at all it if it was sold out. They hadn't realized it was doing that until a few of us called in. The next day it showed up, but showed up as sold out. I question it actually being sold out though. We have been on 5 cruises now and the jet skis have always been available right up to the check in window closing on every cruise. Checked in as Gold and they are already sold out, I highly doubt it.
Only doubles can be booked now. They won't do singles anymore.

Maybe they became more popular?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!