CBBR vs RPR Nov 18-23

FinnsMom7

DIS Veteran
Happy Monday all :)
So after picking our dates and being super excited to be at CBBR I went and checked rates today again... I do this all the time with every trip... well now RP is available for our dates (and not just the Pres Suite that was popping up) so now I am all confused as to what to do.
It will be me and hubby - we know weekend will be busier than first 2 days in parks and that is ok. We didn't intend to get EP but I know they can come in handy. price comes to ~$115 more a night to move over the RP. Should we? I was super into the theming at CBBR (we love Pop at WDW) but for that close a price i feel like not taking a stay at RP is crazy. I haven't even told the hubby yet sort of wanted to pro/con first and then see what his opinion was.
Any input would be super appreciated!

RPR is my suggestion. It is beautiful, such an awesome escape from the parks and love the walkway. We stayed even as a family of 4 on our first trip when kids were younger, but the EP is a serious game changer if you have never used them. It is so different than FP and will absolutely spoil you. We are taking a family trip next week and trying out CBBR for the first time just for the family suite as our kids are 17 and 13 now and they take up more space! My wife and I have already planned on going again sometime in then next year by ourselves to go back to RPR though.

Have you considered doing the first (slower) days at CBBR then switching to RPR for the last night or 2?

Have you checked out AP rates?
Nov 18-21 at CBBR $91/night
Nov 18-20 at CBBR $84/night
Nov 20-23 at HRH $361/night
Nov 18-23 at RPR $232/night
Nov 18-23 at HRH $209/night
Nov 18-22 at RPR $179/night
Nov 22-23 at CBBR $99

Not sure if those are what you're using anyways, but if not I hope that helps. An upgrade to the AP is cheaper than the hotel discounts sometimes...

https://res.windsurfercrs.com/ibe/d...ls=&ada=0&currid=0&vouchercode=&attendeeCode=(Link labels itself as PBH but is AP rates at all the hotels)

Have you checked out AP rates?
Nov 18-21 at CBBR $91/night
Nov 18-20 at CBBR $84/night
Nov 20-23 at HRH $361/night
Nov 18-23 at RPR $232/night
Nov 18-23 at HRH $209/night
Nov 18-22 at RPR $179/night
Nov 22-23 at CBBR $99

Not sure if those are what you're using anyways, but if not I hope that helps. An upgrade to the AP is cheaper than the hotel discounts sometimes...

https://res.windsurfercrs.com/ibe/d...ls=&ada=0&currid=0&vouchercode=&attendeeCode=
I did thank you - funny enough RPR now only has the Pres Suite for AP rate. I ended up going with CBBR - hubby and I talked and he was really excited to do some pool bar hopping (not option at RPR) and if Sat is busy at parks head back and float in the lazy river - we were just there in Feb so if part of the trip is a little busier in the parks we will enjoy some relaxing. Plus we hate masks so having a resort pool afternoon will be a welcome break.

We've done Sat-Wed for Thanksgiving twice, with a third trip planned for this year. For the past trips, the weekend was crowded but was fine with EPs. Mon-Wed was very busy, with 45+ minute waits with EP on some rides starting in the early afternoon. It is hard to say what things will look like this year, but I'm expecting it to be busy again. The good news is that your first couple days should be quiet. So if you end up at CB, you'd have plenty of time to do everything at both parks.

Love CBBR, for the lazy river and two pool areas. We also enjoy the bayliner diner. RP is nice we have not stayed since they redid the guest rooms and do not care for the new decor. Not sure if the park boats are going, but it was a nice perk to take the boat or walk over. Love Jake's, and the breakfast buffet at Islands. If you want more to do at the resort definitely CBBR. If you want a little more quieter feel then RP

Thanks all! We now have a 65% chance of totally scrapping the trip. Hubby has two major work projects that weren't supposed to overlap but thanks to delays with cabinets and material (home theater build and kitchen remodel) now totally are, and taking a few days off, although needed, may end up being more trouble than its worth. Esp now that the cabinets may be delivered the Monday before we leave, he would end up being stuck working all Thanksgiving week to catch up.
I looked to move to Dec 4-8th but not a single resort is available so maybe it's a sign to skip 2020 and go when masks aren't necessary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter