Celebrating 20 years at WDW - Bonus features, A few posts from May, Updated 9/11

We felt that the tiaras were necessary for such a celebration! Chateaubriand is most definitely something that people really love, and I won't say that I don't like it, but as great as it is, I'd still rather have a nice prime rib or rib eye instead. I finally had that Prime Rib at Catal and I have to say that it was incredible!!!! I just ate the leftovers this afternoon and it was almost still as good as the night we ordered it!

Oh, Michael loves the Catal Prime Rib!! I can see where you come from, but I am more a lean meat person myself. I do get the whole fat=flavor thing, but it is something about the texture that can easily put me off. However, I have to say that the Kobe beef we had for Michael's birthday lunch in Kyoto had the most wonderful fat - and there I had no issue whatsoever with the texture. I guess I grew up with too many traditional German roast pork disasters (my mother's roast pork was always wonderful, rural restaurants can be hit and miss).

Or worse. Confronted by an angry mama bear who knows her little snowflake can do no wrong.

Yeah, hence the jail comment.

I'm still annoyed at that.
I brought Vodka with me, all the way from Winnipeg, and then realized that I couldn't bring it in the parks. So I left it in the hotel room.
Only to realize, once it was too late, that it would just stay in your car. :sad2: So stupid.

:laughing: Oh well. And sometimes you can take it in the parks..... :rolleyes1

Classic Monte Cristo's are fried, not deep fried. (although they can be, and I believe typically are in the South.)

Interesting....

I did mine a bit differently this time. Usually I make the sandwich, dip it and fry it on both sides. This time I dipped each slice individually, fried them on one side, flipped one slice, but the rest of the ingredients on top then flipped and put the other slice (wet side up) on top. Then flipped the whole thing.
I'll have to try it again that way, since I screwed up. I put the ham and cheese in... but forgot the Dijon mayo. :sad2:

Hmmm.... maybe time for a repeat try tonight... with the mayo!!!

This is essentially the recipe I've used when I've made it (which has been quite some years now).

Monte Cristo from Disney

Normally my meal is this:
appie: 90% of the time escargot, 10% French onion soup
main: 60% of the time filet and lobster, 40% prime rib and lobster

So that time I had... wedge salad and prime rib sliders.

I'll take the French Onion Soup and the Prime Rib please....

But... but... but............

I shoulda done some research. Or more, anyway.

Next time....

"false" Monte Cristos?

They are basically just ham and cheese sandwiches on a grill, no batter no nothing. I don't know how they get away with calling them Monte Cristos.

Okay smartie pants. :laughing: Have you not cut it since I last saw you?

I get it trimmed every eight weeks, but supposedly that makes it grow even more.

I'm sure the clouds on the moon are from the end scene in Peter Pan. Just as it's whisping away?
dd381fede5cd8433d04b87baf1abcff6.jpg

OK, yes I did notice that.

And we live here now!!! Lunch Thursday will be nice before I have to fly back to work where it SNOWED this past weekend. :faint:

If anyone wants to see where we are going to eat Thursday, here it is. https://www.belmontbrewing.com/our-menu

That was so much fun! Let's do it again sometime!

Oh, Michael loves the Catal Prime Rib!! I can see where you come from, but I am more a lean meat person myself. I do get the whole fat=flavor thing, but it is something about the texture that can easily put me off. However, I have to say that the Kobe beef we had for Michael's birthday lunch in Kyoto had the most wonderful fat - and there I had no issue whatsoever with the texture. I guess I grew up with too many traditional German roast pork disasters (my mother's roast pork was always wonderful, rural restaurants can be hit and miss).

yes, I believe that it was your dinner there (or both) that made me want to go there! I've been wanting to go there since I read about it in your TR!

:laughing: Oh well. And sometimes you can take it in the parks..... :rolleyes1

:rolleyes1

This is essentially the recipe I've used when I've made it (which has been quite some years now).

Monte Cristo from Disney

Thanks!

I'll take the French Onion Soup and the Prime Rib please....

No,no,no! You have to try the escargot! Or... have both.

Next time....

::yes::

They are basically just ham and cheese sandwiches on a grill, no batter no nothing. I don't know how they get away with calling them Monte Cristos.

That's just... wrong.

I get it trimmed every eight weeks, but supposedly that makes it grow even more.

I wonder if that's really true. I've heard that about facial hair too. But... kinda doubt it.

Of course, I will be back tonight and home until next Thursday morning. :woohoo: My Ethics exam is this Thursday, wish me luck.

All caught up. Love the story about getting the Pirates purse. I almost got it after admiring yours so much but had to wait.

The special night pictures are too cool. That bathroom looked amazing! The carafes are beautiful! So sorry you were too full to finish that yummy dessert.

Hi Everyone!

I know that I still have a few of your Trip Reports to catch up on and I have yet to get to replies over here, but I found a few moments this morning and was able to get the first post of my new trip report up! Hope to see you all over there.

The Scooter Strikes Back

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!