Chances of buying VGC direct

JackArchie

HalloweenJack
Hello everyone

Just wanted to get feedback from you guys. What are the chances on getting VGC points direct from Disney? I asked the sales rep online if there is a wait list for VGC and was told NO. Can you guys share any experiences or tricks that worked on getting VGC points directly with Disney? Any recommended sales rep? I was looking into getting 100-125 points hopefully. Thank you very much!

Last edited:
Extremely low. There is no wait list, and they don't seem to buy back VGC.

Is there a reason you really want direct?

You're a few years late. You might try resale, but good luck with that also. Not many resales show up either.

There's a couple reports from others saying that their guides recently "opened" a wait list for VGC. You can try to find a guide who will put you on a list. But this would probably be an unofficial, piece of post-it note on someone's desk, type of waitlist. Your best bet is probably to go resale if you want the contract and points soon. I've seen several listings come up recently (and still available) on the major brokers site. The asking is a bit high but still a savings of $40pp or so.

I know I'm a year late... Didn't really learn bout DVC til this summer when I was on bonding leave with my child. Anyways I wanted to buy direct because the secondary market asking price is in the $200 plus range. Seems to me the difference is minimal considering I'm going to be losing on the other perks included if I buy direct thru Disney. Hoping I stumble on a reasonable resale or direct sale.

Last edited:
I own at VGC (one direct back in 2009 and one resale in 2017). I have a DL DVC rep Steven Wilbanks. Not sure if he would be able to help you or not. He seemed impressed when we chatted a few months ago that I have 2 VGC contracts since it is a very hard resort to come by.

I own at VGC (one direct back in 2009 and one resale in 2017). I have a DL DVC rep Steven Wilbanks. Not sure if he would be able to help you or not. He seemed impressed when we chatted a few months ago that I have 2 VGC contracts since it is a very hard resort to come by.

Can you please forward me his contact info? Thank you very much for sharing.

For what it's worth, we were able to add on twice for VGC directly with Disney. Both times, our guide said she needed to get approval to put us on a list. The first time was early summer of last year (took 3 months to get the points - basically two or three days after our use year started) and then the second time was right before they announced the price increase at the end of last year. For the second contract, the points became available the day after the price increase. But our guide was out of the office, so they honored the price before the huge increase. All this being said, we own quite a few points and I was very clear that I had no plans of adding on any points at any other DVC resort except VGC since we already own enough points at 5 Florida resorts (4 WDW & Vero). Both of our add ons were for smaller size contracts (50 & 75). We already had a resale contract we bought a year prior for a fairly decent cost. But when we went to look for resale for the additional points we wanted, the resale contracts were hard to find with our use year and any that we did find were not very far from what Disney was asking & were usually missing some points.

For what it's worth, we were able to add on twice for VGC directly with Disney. Both times, our guide said she needed to get approval to put us on a list. The first time was early summer of last year (took 3 months to get the points - basically two or three days after our use year started) and then the second time was right before they announced the price increase at the end of last year. For the second contract, the points became available the day after the price increase. But our guide was out of the office, so they honored the price before the huge increase. All this being said, we own quite a few points and I was very clear that I had no plans of adding on any points at any other DVC resort except VGC since we already own enough points at 5 Florida resorts (4 WDW & Vero). Both of our add ons were for smaller size contracts (50 & 75). We already had a resale contract we bought a year prior for a fairly decent cost. But when we went to look for resale for the additional points we wanted, the resale contracts were hard to find with our use year and any that we did find were not very far from what Disney was asking & were usually missing some points.

Oh guys I wish I knew about DVC last year, could have save alot of money. Anyways what's a good re-sale price for a VGC contract around 75-125 points?

Slim... We inquired adding on at VGC last week and our guide checked and there was nothing. No waitlist either.

You can find VGC if you are patient. I just passed ROFR at $155 PP for 160 points.

Anyways what's a good re-sale price for a VGC contract around 75-125 points?
I think it depends on what you're trying to buy. If you're open to any use year, then that gives you more room to try to offer a lower amount. If you have your heart set on a specific use year, it's harder. Maybe try $200 for a larger 125pt contract with maybe not all of it's points or one that's been on the market for a little while. And work up the cost to $210 for smaller 75pt contract. It doesn't hurt to offer lower first. They may take it and if they don't, you counter. There are more resale contracts out there now than when I was looking at the end of last year. Sign up different resale broker's email lists if you have to have a specific use year, that way you can put a bid in right away when they become listed.

I talked to my guide about a VGC direct add on in April and was told something roughly along these lines. My guide said a wait list did exist but he needed his supervisor's approval to get me on it. I called him back a couple days later and he said he was unable to get me on it. Luckily I ended up stumbling into a 100 point resale add on in my UY a couple weeks later. That saved me $5,000+.

Extremely low. There is no wait list, and they don't seem to buy back VGC.

Is there a reason you really want direct?
Why wouldn't Disney just buy back and sell higher if people want it direct. I thought it was all about making money so looks like a win for Disney

Why wouldn't Disney just buy back and sell higher if people want it direct. I thought it was all about making money so looks like a win for Disney
I believe it's a matter to the level of profit they will actually make vs. if it is worth it to them. Shortly after they announced the big price hike, I frantically called my guide to find out the status of where we were on the waitlist. She made the comment that maybe with the higher sales price she was hopeful they would buy back more points to have them for direct sales as there would be a greater profit. Obviously, that didn't happen. The demand drove the resale prices up accordingly. They really do not have any motivation to buy back at $200 a point unless it's a really large contract with all it's points or if they come across distressed contract that's going into forclosure. RX8 got 160 points for $155 so that wasn't low enough to make it worth it. So who knows what that profit level needs to be.

That's a great price. Do you mind sharing where you bought it from? Any advice which broker sites to follow?

Broker is Fidelity Resales. They tend to have the most realistic listing prices among all of the brokers I looked at.

I believe it's a matter to the level of profit they will actually make vs. if it is worth it to them. Shortly after they announced the big price hike, I frantically called my guide to find out the status of where we were on the waitlist. She made the comment that maybe with the higher sales price she was hopeful they would buy back more points to have them for direct sales as there would be a greater profit. Obviously, that didn't happen. The demand drove the resale prices up accordingly. They really do not have any motivation to buy back at $200 a point unless it's a really large contract with all it's points or if they come across distressed contract that's going into forclosure. RX8 got 160 points for $155 so that wasn't low enough to make it worth it. So who knows what that profit level needs to be.
Yes it's all about the money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!