Change DVC Guides?

Egyptess

Earning My Ears
So I am in the process of seriously thinking of putting our next big investment towards DVC... and thinking between resale and direct for the perks. I called DVC, and was transfered to “my guide”. I didn’t realize we were assigned one! I didn’t really like him. He was just not friendly, and I felt like I was inconveniencing him with my call.

Am I stuck with him, or can I request someone else?

If you sent in a request for info is the website, they’ll assign one to you. If you want to switch, then switch. I had good experiences with Mark Bowes and Abiel whose last name I can’t remember.

If you sent in a request for info is the website, they’ll assign one to you. If you want to switch, then switch. I had good experiences with Mark Bowes and Abiel whose last name I can’t remember.
Thanks! Do you know how I can request the switch?

You can call into the main sales line and explain that you wish to switch to a new guide and they'll transfer you to someone else. I did that once when I wanted to switch from a DL guide to a WDW based. Got a wonderful, friendly, senior guide who retired a couple of years later. :laughing:

I had a great experience with Randy Kruger! He was very experienced and didn't make me feel pressured and answered all my crazy questions. You should be able to just call in and request a new guide, they might ask why, but they shouldn't give you any issues!

I switched to Ashley based on a friends recommendation . She was great!!
Ashley Sikand is fantastic! The first time I called I spoke to a gentleman who was supposed to email me some information, but he never did. I called backthe next week and got Ashley. So glad because she was so helpful.

How are the guides compensated? I feel bad because one guide kind of helped me but then when I was ready the next week to actually purchase, I went back to my original guide from a couple years prior. I told him I felt bad because the other guy helped also and he said not to worry because “we all get taken care of”. I’m not sure what that means and I still feel guilty that the new guide who helped me didnt get the sale.

How are the guides compensated? I feel bad because one guide kind of helped me but then when I was ready the next week to actually purchase, I went back to my original guide from a couple years prior. I told him I felt bad because the other guy helped also and he said not to worry because “we all get taken care of”. I’m not sure what that means and I still feel guilty that the new guide who helped me didnt get the sale.
I was wondering the same thing. I've talked with one Guide a couple of times on the phone, but didn't find her all that responsive to my emails especially after I told her I was going to get one contract resale first. I am headed down to WDW in 2 weeks and am fairly certain I want to purchase a small add on while I am there. Even though I wasn't blown away by my guides responsiveness, I do hate the idea that she might not get credit for my purchase.

So if you work with multiple guides, the one who ultimately helps with the sale is probably the only one who gets compensated?

Well I would think the one who closes the sale gets the highest commission.

The 'introducer' may also get a lower rate.

Does anyone out there know how they are compensated?

In the past there's been a guide or two who posted here stating they are not on commission. What it is now or what the full details are I don't know but that's what was said a number of years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!