Character meals, Princesses???

abby

Abby's Mom
We are going to DL in April. My dd is 5 and I am considering a character meal, maybe breakfast? Are there any that have mostly or all princesses? What do people recommend. We are staying at the DL hotel. Also, do I need reservations in advance? We will be there from Tuesday to Sat.
Thanks

Are you in luck!

There is now an ENTIRE Princess Character breakfast at the Plaza in (in Disneyland) every morning.Click here for all the details.

We did this in December and my girls (5 and 9) loved it. BUT others have done it since and were very disappointed with the character interaction and service.

My advice would be to book for the earliest possible sitting (which changes depending on the day). This is what we did and it worked out well - we had Cinderella, Mary Poppins and Bert, Mulan, Fairy Godmother, Belle, Aurora and Aladdin and Jasmine at out table.

My pleasure - incidentally this page from our travel diary tells all about the Princess Breakfast, and has lots of photos.

LucyKate - I loved your pictures, thanks for sharing. I would love to do this breakfast, mostly to meet the Beast, who I have always missed at WDW. Is he always at the breakfast? I think I could justify it to my husband and ten year old son, since I LOVE the Beast. My seven year old daughter of course would love it all too. Also, seeing Belle in her yellow gown would be a treat too since she is always dressed in her plain blue dress at WDW. Thanks for the info!

Having only ever been to DL once (we live in Australia) and thus only ever been to that character breakfast once, others may have to help out here.

Interestingly, a number of small children ran from Beast so he frequently had to step aside to let Belle talk to the kids and be photographed (my kids thought this was very funny. Whenever this happened he stood to one side preteneing to be hurt).

When it came time to do the rounds of the tables Beast left and only Belle walked around (I guess Beast was a bit too big and too scary). We got that picture by going up to them directly near the entrance before he left.

I know others have complained here that some of the characters we saw weren't at their meal, while others saw people like Snow White and Prince Phillip who we never saw, so it's pot luck I suppose. (The pics of Snow White and Ariel were taken outside - Ariel has a grotto near the Castle, and Snow White was often on duty near the Castle).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter