Character Warehouse Coming to Phoenix!

Kayla's Mom

<font color=darkorchid>You are not alone!! I have
Just got the email -- there is a temporary location opening up in Phoenix this Saturday! I am assuming it's the same location as it was last year, if anyone went to that. I may just have to get over there before we leave for our trip next week! :)

Near Metrocenter Mall
10215 N. 28th St
Phoenix, AZ 85051

http://www.ams-liquidation.com/listings.aspx

Woo Hoo!

I can call my sister and see if she4 can find me a couple of things before our trip.

Did you go last year? And if you did, what did you get?

Yes, I went last year. I didn't get much -- a couple of books for my girls. They had a TON of clothes. I saw the jacket I paid $48 for at the parks for only $17.49! Nothing was organized all that well. I think I went the week after it opened and it was just a mess of boxes all over the place that people were digging through. They had stuff out too, but not everything. Hopefully it's a little more organized than last year. Although even with the mess from last year, I will still be there! :laughing:

Gosh, that's great but it's a bit of a trek for us. I'll have to think about it. lol

Appreciate you letting us know though. Thanks!

Gosh, that's great but it's a bit of a trek for us. I'll have to think about it. lol

Appreciate you letting us know though. Thanks!

Yes, Chandler is a bit far :) It takes us about 20-25 minutes to get there so hopefully it will be worth it!

You never know. I could very well run up there after my class on Saturday or the kid may want to go up with me sometime this weekend. Of course, her presence would make it more difficult to sneak in scavenger hunt prizes. lol Google maps says it's only about a half hour from the school.

Ok, so I went this morning -- they didn't have nearly the amount of stuff they did last year. Maybe it's because they just opened yesterday and not everything is out? Hardly any shirts this time around -- what shirts they did have were very few of each....most mens shirts were smaller sizes (small and medium for the most part).

They had quite a bit of kids stuff, little outfits, dresses, jackets, etc. Saw some princess garden statue things, some Nightmare Before Christmas art type figures, some costumes, collectable plates, HSM stuff, mugs, popcorn buckets, keychains, some plush animals, talking Nemo plush characters (Dory - "Just keep swimming", "Just keep swimming":)), Little Einsteins stuff, flip flops, crocs, hats, thermal pjs, etc.

For anyone that went to this location last year, I believe they had the entire store filled with stuff, this time (so far at least) they only have the front half of the store filled. I heard an employee say they were going to be there until October 25th.

I ended up with a shirt for myself, a cute little vintage Disneyland lunch box thing and some thank you cards.

Thanks for the report back; I was hoping someone closer than I would go there first and scout it out!

I am heading to the Disney store in Arizona Mills tomorrow, and depending on what I find there I might head up to the Outlet on Friday. DS4 has about worn out his Buzz flip flops and he'll wear flip flops almost year-round. I'm also hoping for some little doodads to take for the DL trip next month either for car or park lines.

Was it easy to find? I don't know that area well. The website just said across from Red Lobster. Did you catch their hours?

PHXscuba

Was it easy to find? I don't know that area well. The website just said across from Red Lobster. Did you catch their hours?

PHXscuba

Yes, it's very easy to find (and I am not familiar with the area either). For me, I was heading south on 1-17. You take the Peoria exit and go right (west) to 28th Dr. Left on 28th Dr and it's on the left side (across from Red Lobster). I didn't check the hours, but they were open at 11 AM today (Sunday) and I believe they open at 10 AM on other days.

I forgot to mention that they had a cute t-shirt with the Yeti from Matterhorn on it that said "My new boyfriend is a Yeti" -- thought that was pretty funny.

Thanks!

I am in East Valley, so it's got to be worth it to drive all the way to North Phoenix! I am still debating if this would be a good way to get some Disney stuff cheap or simply an excuse to buy stuff I really don't need and save the $ for treats when we are at DL next month.

PHXscuba

Not sure how far you have to drive, but I am in north (east) phoenix and it took me about 20 minutes. IMO, not sure I would drive much further than that for what they had. I think you may be just as well off going to the Disney Outlet at AZ Mills. I was there a couple of weeks ago and to compare the two -- the outlet had WAY more stuff (and most of it was probably less expensive at AZ Mills). The stuff at the character warehouse was still on the high side for some things since it's park merchandise.

I did make it to the Disney Store in AZ Mills this morning.

FYI to all in the area: They had LOTS of small-size (toddler) swimsuits and trunks for $3.00. Quite a few flip flops, of course none in DS's size (mostly 7/8 and 13/1). They were running additional 25 percent off most of the kids' clothing and some of the other stuff. The long PJ Pals ended up costing $4.50 with the discounts. I also ended up with a couple toys for DS for Christmas.

I think unless I can think of another reason I have to go to N Phoenix, I'll probably just hold off.

PHXscuba

So despite my post above, I caved and went to the Disney outlet this morning. The website from the first post said they were getting a new shipment 9/23, but it was hard to tell if it was all newly out or not. The space was about 2/3 full, I think.

I overheard someone ask and they said they would be there until Dec. 20 now.

I walked away with a Disneyland T-shirt for myself, some chocolates for a gift, and a pirate hat for DS4 for Christmas.

PHXscuba

Thanks for the update! :goodvibes I may have to go check it out again, especially if they are going to be open until December now.

Thank you so much for posting this! I about ran out of my chair to go now- except they're not open!

I'm excited to hear how much childrens stuff they have, we're taking my Goddaughter for her first trip in February!!!

Thank you again for the PSA!

Hmmm. if they're going to be open that long, I may just have to take a drive up there one day after my class ends. Thanks for the update.

I've been to both AZ Mills and the store in Fiesta Mall recently. Both had some good deals if you have little people. Mine's not so little anymore and not as amused by the small stuff. Although she was impressed by my new popcorn bowl. lol

I am really excited to go check this out. We love to stock up on Disney gear BEFORE hitting the park.

We went to the outlet in AZ Mills this weekend. It was crowded!! And I didn't think their t-shirt selection was very good. Really limited sizes. We like to try and get matching shirts. I know, we're nerds!!

I can't wait to go. We'll be at DL 10/15 and DCA 10/16!! Counting down the days. :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter