Chased By a Bear and a Trip to Urgent Care - A Very Merry Dis-mas 2016 TR! **Complete 2/23**

I know I'm late to the party but thank you so much for this report. We're going to WDW for our first time and our dates of Dec 18-22 and I'm so nervous about the crowds, the weather, etc. It's so nice to read a TR about someone else's experience during the same week we're going (a year later of course! :)) We don't have the parkhopper as my kiddos are 2yo and 5yo and it would be too much for them to leave the park and stay late somewhere else, but I'm hoping my 2yo will take stroller naps and my 5yo will sit in the double stroller if/when he gets really tired.

I've also wondered if TouringPlans was close to being accurate to doing everything it said we could do in one day. I'm sure there are going to be some long lines but it sounds like you got a lot done each day even when that happened!

And thanks for being so HONEST! From cranky kids, frustrated parents, bad service/food, sick kids, plans going awry, hotel noise, etc. I always hear such amazing and magical things on these boards and I was worried I was building things too high that when i got there, it would be a let down. But you had the perfect balance of pixie dust and realism.

Thanks again!!!!

I know I'm late to the party but thank you so much for this report. We're going to WDW for our first time and our dates of Dec 18-22 and I'm so nervous about the crowds, the weather, etc. It's so nice to read a TR about someone else's experience during the same week we're going (a year later of course! :)) We don't have the parkhopper as my kiddos are 2yo and 5yo and it would be too much for them to leave the park and stay late somewhere else, but I'm hoping my 2yo will take stroller naps and my 5yo will sit in the double stroller if/when he gets really tired.

I've also wondered if TouringPlans was close to being accurate to doing everything it said we could do in one day. I'm sure there are going to be some long lines but it sounds like you got a lot done each day even when that happened!

And thanks for being so HONEST! From cranky kids, frustrated parents, bad service/food, sick kids, plans going awry, hotel noise, etc. I always hear such amazing and magical things on these boards and I was worried I was building things too high that when i got there, it would be a let down. But you had the perfect balance of pixie dust and realism.

Thanks again!!!!

I am so glad you enjoyed it!! I'm sorry the pictures were missing b/c of the great Photobucket disaster of 2017, LOL!! We loved our December trip, even with all the ups and downs...and there were some downs for sure, LOL!!

I swear by early mornings, and we really were able to get a lot done.

I wish you a magical trip!! If things start to get frustrating while you're there, just take a deep breath and look around at all the amazing details. The parks are always beautiful, but you can't beat the extra sparkle from the holiday decor.

The best part is, you get the digital version of the photo strip AND the individual pictures. I'm happy about that, because it means I have my favorite one all on its own

quick question- do you have to pay at the photo booth ? or just use your magic band and there you get prints and on your digital files for free ?

quick question- do you have to pay at the photo booth ? or just use your magic band and there you get prints and on your digital files for free ?

There is a magic band reader. I think you have to pay for prints (we didn't get prints, and I don't 100% know this for a fact), but the digital versions automatically go onto your memory maker :) It's a fun addition to memory maker for sure!

I will be going to WDW in May 2020 on a girls only trip, and have started reading trip reports. I just finished yours and found it so enjoyable. This will be my 4th trip. I enjoyed reading about the Shark photo op and plan not to miss doing that. We took our family (16 of us) in 2016 to celebrate our 45th anniversary. That was on my list of things to do......a photo of the grandkids in the sharks jaws! Although we were all in the same building at the same time, we weren't able to get all seven together to take the picture. They were enjoying the aquarium so much we couldn't drag them away! You also talked about Club Cool which was on my list of things to do that didn't happen, so hopefully this trip. One last thing in your report that brought back such a good memory was a photo of the little cottage by LeCellier (sp?) surrounded by flowers. I took a really good photo of it and recognized it in your report! Thank you for taking the time to write and share the report!

I will be going to WDW in May 2020 on a girls only trip, and have started reading trip reports. I just finished yours and found it so enjoyable. This will be my 4th trip. I enjoyed reading about the Shark photo op and plan not to miss doing that. We took our family (16 of us) in 2016 to celebrate our 45th anniversary. That was on my list of things to do......a photo of the grandkids in the sharks jaws! Although we were all in the same building at the same time, we weren't able to get all seven together to take the picture. They were enjoying the aquarium so much we couldn't drag them away! You also talked about Club Cool which was on my list of things to do that didn't happen, so hopefully this trip. One last thing in your report that brought back such a good memory was a photo of the little cottage by LeCellier (sp?) surrounded by flowers. I took a really good photo of it and recognized it in your report! Thank you for taking the time to write and share the report!

Aw, thank you so much! I'm glad it helped bring back memories and is getting you excited for your upcoming 2020 trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!