Cheap parking/hotels

bobbobroberts

Earning My Ears
The onsite parking at Gatwick got a lot more expensive this year, but there are some really good deals to be had if you overnight at local hotels, there is a holiday inn express a few miles away that will do quad room + 15 days parking for 122 pounds.

That compares with 105 pounds for the parking alone booked in advance.

Checkout www.holidayextras.co.uk or other websites to see the deals on offer, the issue for us was that we need a room for 2 adults + 2 kids, only the express, or travel inn seem to do this.

i've booked thru them too at the gatwick worth hotel.....

10 adults and one 7 month old baby with 4 cars parking for 15 nights.....

£375 in total - then i saw it advertised cheaper 2 months after i had booked and e-mailed them and they've refunded me £27....

oh and they have also said i can get the extra day car parking refunded that the hotel will charge ( £10 for 4 cars) because the price only includes 15 days parking and as all flights from USA arrive back the following day it's classed as an extra day by the hotel....

i said to holiday extras that the website asks for a date to stay at the hotel and then the date you return to pick up your car and the price they quote should reflect the dates you select....

i wasn't expecting anything from them but they said they would refund the extra day which was a result :)

hope that helps

neil

Have just booked a fly and park package (15 days) at the Le Meridien, Gatwick North Terminal for £107.10. The normal price is £119.00, but I got a 10% discount for being a Thomas Cook "Privilege" customer.

Le Meriden is connected to the North Terminal, Virgin (although I am flying on a Continental Ticket codesharing on the Virgin plane) fly from the South Terminal. There is a transit/train service which runs every 3 minutes (takes 2 minutes) between the terminals. The South Terminal Hilton was quoted at over £180 (Thomas Cook) or £145 (ABC Holiday Extras). So I thought saving money at Le Meridien (should be a nice hotel) was worth the transit ride.

Have stayed at the Renaissance (nice) and the Moat House (definitely not as nice as the Renaissance - would stay there instead, the two are next to each other).

Sorry can't help with the quad room.

Boo

We stay 5 minutes outside of gatwick airport(lowfield Farm), over night family room 2 adults 2 children ensuite, breakfast, complimentary transport, and 3 weeks parking £80 !.

Jules

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter