Cheapest option for one-day park hopper ticket?

Sandi Fredrickson

Earning My Ears
I am going to Disney for the first time this July. Any recommendations on the cheapest place to buy one-day park hopper tickets? 5 adults, 3 kids going. We already have our hotel, only tickets are needed.

Thank you!

You are not going to find a legit source for discounted 1 day tickets. You are basically stuck with paying Disney their asking price.

I am going to Disney for the first time this July. Any recommendations on the cheapest place to buy one-day park hopper tickets? 5 adults, 3 kids going. We already have our hotel, only tickets are needed.

Thank you!

I'm not aware of any discounts, check out the mousesavers website. Another possibility is discounted Disney gift cards to buy the tickets, there is a thread on the Budget board all about getting deals. My local grocery store sells gift cards and I get fuel rewards for purchases, plus money back on my credit card for grocery store purchases.

July may be peak season, which means higher prices on 1 day tickets. Looks like a 1 day adult hopper in peak season is $195! Wow! Looking further, maybe only July 1-4 is peak, and the rest regular season? that’s only $185.

Last edited:

I'm not sure there is any online discount for 1 day tickets, even from Disney. It would certainly save time over waiting at the park ticket windows. Plus having them in advance they could make some FP.

Last edited:
I'm not sure there is any online discount for 1 day tickets, even from Disney. It would certainly save time over waiting at the park ticket windows. Plus having them in advance they could make some FP.
There aren't discounts on one day tickets from third-party sellers.

Buying online from Disney is cheaper than buying at the gate.

You're not gonna find a deal for a 1 day ticket.
Also if this is your first time and you only have one day then I would not at all recommend a park hopper ticket.
Its such a waste for a one day first timer.
Just get a one day base ticket for Magic Kingdom.

Last edited:

You're not gonna find a deal for a 1 day ticket.
Also if this is your first time and you don't have one day then I would not at all recommend a park hopper ticket.
Its such a waste for a one day first timer.
Just get a one day base ticket for Magic Kingdom.

Agree 100%. Go to Magic Kingdom and have a magical day there. The park is huge and you will be lucky to see it all

I'm not aware of any discounts, check out the mousesavers website. Another possibility is discounted Disney gift cards to buy the tickets, there is a thread on the Budget board all about getting deals. My local grocery store sells gift cards and I get fuel rewards for purchases, plus money back on my credit card for grocery store purchases.

July may be peak season, which means higher prices on 1 day tickets. Looks like a 1 day adult hopper in peak season is $195! Wow! Looking further, maybe only July 1-4 is peak, and the rest regular season? that’s only $185.

WOW to BOTH of those prices!!! Ohmygosh...:eek:

WOW to BOTH of those prices!!! Ohmygosh...:eek:
If the OP drops hopping, an MK 1-day ticket drops to $137.

If they have a Target REDcard, they can purchase Disney GCs for 5% off of the face value (a $50 GC costs $47.50). Then combine the GCs on disneygiftcard.com . Purchase the tickets online or at the ticket booth and pay with the GC.

Note: there is no discount online for 1-day tickets. Only multi-day tickets of 3 days or more get a $20 discount for advance purchases vs. buying in person at a ticket booth.

Last edited:
USSSA used to be an option for shorter duration tickets, but their online store doesn’t seem to be working anymore. I can remember if they had one-day tickets or if they started at two-days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter