Checking In Cheat Sheet

Sinderelly

Princess
Yes I tried searching first :magnify: I must be doing something wrong because I couldn't find an answer.

Would anyone be able to provide a list of activities etc I need to book when our booking window opens?
Preferably in the order that makes sense according to popularity/importance (I know this varies depending on individual preference)

We are on a 7 night eastern on the Fantasy. We have cruised before but not since tickets were needed for character breakfast etc. I know we will need:

Port arrival time
Character breakfast
Palo brunch
Frozen gathering
Princess gathering
Checking in one child in each cabin for kid's club
Excursions (still trying to decide)
Pirate League thing (maybe)

Anything I am missing?

We have two cabins, one silver and one gold, so I'll be doing this twice so any/all help is greatly appreciated. :flower1:

Alcohol tastings if you want to do any, that's the only thing I can think of that you don't have listed already. Perhaps anything at the spa.

I'm hoping someone has a do this first then do that list as I'm afraid I won't try for the more popular activities first.

Not really interested in adult only stuff, other than Palo brunch as this cruise is all about the kids :yay: Now the next cruise just might be a different story as DH and I are planning to book a placeholder.

I only have 2 more days to get this figured out. It's coming up fast pirate:

I'm hoping someone has a do this first then do that list as I'm afraid I won't try for the more popular activities first.

Not really interested in adult only stuff, other than Palo brunch as this cruise is all about the kids :yay: Now the next cruise just might be a different story as DH and I are planning to book a placeholder.

I only have 2 more days to get this figured out. It's coming up fast pirate:

I would do in this order:
PAT
Nursery time (if needed)
excursions
Character gatherings
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique

When you are ready to cruise with more adult activities in mind, I would put Palo and or Remy right after your PAT time then excursions and then the tastings.

We have sailed 4 times; our next cruise is next week on the Magic. Ironically, it has been the only time I have struggled to get exactly what I want and the only item that isn't perfect is that they don't have a table for 3 at Palo for brunch. I have two 2 tables for two and I am figuring that if it can't be solved when I am onboard, I will get to our reservation early hoping for two tables next to each other. (I did call and the only other possibility was a table for 6).

It became very apparent through other social media that the Magic is filled with cruisers that have more status than Silver. You generally shouldn't have to panic though I always do..........

The order that you do things should be based on what is the most important to you. Some people want to get on the ship as soon as they can, so they will do that first. An early PAT isn't that important to us, but making sure we get the excursions we want is important, so I always do that first. Preregistering your kids into the clubs isn't something that has to happen right away, your kids will be allowed to go to the clubs anytime they want so don't let that stress you. You can even wait to register them at the port, doing it ahead of time is easier, but isn't something you need to do right away. Now if you need to book nursery time, then you will want to do that earlier to make sure you get the times you want. Princess gathering, Frozen meet and greet, and character breakfast, again book them in the order of which is the most important to you. We've done 4 cruises and have always gotten these with no problems. On our last cruise the alcohol tastings sold out the first day, but BBB appointments were all still available for over a week. Since you say this cruise is for the kids, I would do the excursions first, followed by the character breakfast/meet and greets based on which is the most important to you. Usually the people who book those will book all 3, so they will fill up at the same rate. I would personally book Palo before the character stuff, but my dd is getting older and no longer cares about going to the character stuff. Again, decide what is the most important to you and book in that order.

Last edited:
Rookie here...you say you have 2 more days so I am trying to do the math (based on your signature)....does that mean you can book these things 100 days in advance? I understand each level has a different availability date...just trying to get an idea. Thanks!

Rookie here...you say you have 2 more days so I am trying to do the math (based on your signature)....does that mean you can book these things 100 days in advance? I understand each level has a different availability date...just trying to get an idea. Thanks!
Platinum can book at 120 days, Gold--105, Silver--90, Newbie--75.

Of the items you list, the one with the most limited availability is Palo Brunch so I'd start with that. Depending on which excursions you decide on, the popularity may put them near the top of the list as well. Then I'd do Meet/Greets and Character Breakfasts.

For your first check-in (Gold) PAT may not be something you need to do first as Gold is the first group selecting their PATs (Concierge and Platinum do not select PATs). However, when you are checking in the Silver room, it may be more of a priority if you are trying to get the same PAT that the Gold cabin got.

So I don't think anyone has an order of priority list for check-in because it varies based on your status, what you are looking to book and what is most important to you. (For instance, if you had listed a Castaway Cay Cabana on your list, that would be first priority over all else because there are usually very few after Concierge is booked for even Platinum. Then I'd go to the Palo Brunch times, etc.)

I just wanted to add that in my opinion you don't need to stress too much. Twice now we've booked last minute, 60ish days and 18 days, and we haven't had any issues getting the things we wanted. I check often and make changes when possible. A lot opens up those last 2 days before the window closes. Last month we were able to book Palo brunch, Parasailing at CC, Disney Jr breakfast, biddi biddi boutique for pirates, sports simulator, excursions, etc - there was nothing that we wanted that we didn't get.

We have a first cruise booked for Alaska 2019. I know it’s a long shot but we’d like to check for upgrades when we board. In that case would you book the earliest PAT available?

The only thing we couldnt get at Silver was a cabana, but that was expected. You’ll be fine!

I would go for Palo Brunch first, then just go by what it the most important to you. For our upcoming cruise, I think I booked 4 or 5 things and then chose the PAT and then finished up with the less important items. Our cruise is mostly Plat & Gold members, and I'm silver, and I still got pretty much everything I wanted.

We have a first cruise booked for Alaska 2019. I know it’s a long shot but we’d like to check for upgrades when we board. In that case would you book the earliest PAT available?

Absolutely. It needs to pretty much be the first thing you do once you get to the desk. Having said that, there were NO port upgrades available for our Alaska cruise and I think it's not uncommon for those cruises to be pretty full. Of course, it also depends what you want to upgrade to, since we had a 5A and would have only considered upgrading to a suite. There may have been some lower category rooms available but I didn't pay close attention.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter