Cheers to Character Cavalcades, Cocktails and Celebrations! 2/1 3 HUGE ANNOUNCEMENTS!!!

After a nice rest in the room, we all freshened up and got ready for the evening. We were going to a new to us bar/lounge and one I was really excited about, Abracadabar. If you haven't popped in here for a drink, I highly recommend it. There's so much to look at and the drinks are awesome. Speaking of drinks, I started with the Pepper's Ghost, Ciroc Pineapple Vodka, Habanero Lime. This had a great pineapple flavor with a little heat at the end. The pineapple wasn't overpowering like it can be in some pineapple based drinks. I've been on a spicy kick lately, so this drink really hit the spot. Joe had the Sazarac Hudson Manhattan, Rye Whiskey, Lucid Absinthe Superieur, Peychaud's Bitters. He really liked this too. I did not. I thought it tasted like medicine, lol!

Fun facts, every 13 minutes the pictures on the wall change. There's a mirror on the way to the shared bathrooms with Trattoria that is a little different and worth checking out (I don't want to ruin it if this is something you'd like to see). Finally, there are a lot of Hidden Mickey's in here!!! I will include one of them in this part of my TR.

After enjoying a cocktail before dinner, it was time to head to our dinner reservation. Hint...It was right next door.
Next up...Dinner at Trattoria...

B0132E84-39EA-4F03-9302-EEB7796DA08D.jpeg678A93CF-0F49-4522-9200-78EA267958C5.jpeg7DAA3ADF-996C-4279-A4EC-6BFA2CD02D68.jpegE7B3C472-D966-4B14-B13E-488930490E6B.jpeg

We had drinks there with the adult 2/3 of the Family Stone @kastoney a couple years back but sat outside. I did walk through the inside once and it's definitely neat! Have to return at some point! I can't remember what I had to drink but I believe Mr. Stone had the Pepper's Ghost :)

We had drinks there with the adult 2/3 of the Family Stone @kastoney a couple years back but sat outside. I did walk through the inside once and it's definitely neat! Have to return at some point! I can't remember what I had to drink but I believe Mr. Stone had the Pepper's Ghost :)
What a wonderful family to spend time with!!!! :love:

I'm just trying to get caught back up.

I'm so sorry for your loss. :hug: This year just seems to coming and coming with lots of challenges. I'm praying for you and your family.

Lots of great updates from your trip. I'll have to get caught up on the blogs too. We just did Beaches and Cream but I did not leave room for dessert so I need a re-do cause you got the dessert I really want.

I'm so sorry for your loss. :hug: This year just seems to coming and coming with lots of challenges. I'm praying for you and your family.
Thank you very much. It was very unexpected.

Lots of great updates from your trip. I'll have to get caught up on the blogs too. We just did Beaches and Cream but I did not leave room for dessert so I need a re-do cause you got the dessert I really want.
Thank you. I think the food is very good at Beaches and Cream too. And, it's not that expensive in Disney terms.

Gia ordered a few scoops of chocolate ice cream with chocolate sprinkles, whip cream, and a cherry. Joe and I split the No Way Jose. OMG! This was absolutely amazing and I totally understand why it's such a big hit. All that chocolate/peanut butter goodness really hit the spot and was a fantastic dessert. After devouring our ice cream, because brunch a few minutes earlier at WBG wasn't enough, lol, we headed to our resort. We actually received our room ready text while driving to WDW and we were looking forward to checking out our digs for the next 6 nights...
Yum! I need to try that next summer!
On a previous visit I had the one I think with a Milky way bar in it with hot fudge and caramel. That was also really good, but sadly it does not seem to be on the menu anymore.
That was my favourite sundae.......not that I ever managed to finish it but it was delicious!
Speaking of drinks, I started with the Pepper's Ghost, Ciroc Pineapple Vodka, Habanero Lime. This had a great pineapple flavor with a little heat at the end. The pineapple wasn't overpowering like it can be in some pineapple based drinks. I've been on a spicy kick lately, so this drink really hit the spot.
Oooh, I had that drink too and really loved it! Happy to see you back on the boards, my friend! :)

All the places you have reviewed so far will be by our hotel and I think we will try the Abracadabra bar since Andi will be able to have a drink with me. It sounds like a fun place to check out!
A Beaches and Cream sundae sounds so yummy right now. I have become addicted to Haagen-Dazs chocolate peanut butter ice cream, it is so delicious, just don’t look at the calories :rotfl:

Jenny, I am so sorry to hear about your dad! Sorry, work has kept me away from the forums. Sending virtual hugs and prayers your way! You have a new angel in heaven sprinkling pixie dust on you! :littleangel:

I slept through the chance I had to meet up with @Pluto0809 and her husband at Abracadabar when we were there for runDisney!! I was so bummed because I'd been wanting to go there so badly, and that would've been perfect company :) BUT those early race mornings totally got to me, and I had to miss it. It's definitely still on my list.

I'm looking forward to hearing about your dinner. We enjoyed the Bon Voyage breakfast there for sure!

Yum! I need to try that next summer!
Yes, definitely!

Oooh, I had that drink too and really loved it! Happy to see you back on the boards, my friend! :)
Thank you Suse!

All the places you have reviewed so far will be by our hotel and I think we will try the Abracadabra bar since Andi will be able to have a drink with me. It sounds like a fun place to check out!
A Beaches and Cream sundae sounds so yummy right now. I have become addicted to Haagen-Dazs chocolate peanut butter ice cream, it is so delicious, just don’t look at the calories :rotfl:
Abracadabar was really cool and Joe and both liked it a lot.
I love anything chocolate/peanutbutter combo.

Jenny, I am so sorry to hear about your dad! Sorry, work has kept me away from the forums. Sending virtual hugs and prayers your way! You have a new angel in heaven sprinkling pixie dust on you! :littleangel:
Thank you. I really appreciate it.

I slept through the chance I had to meet up with @Pluto0809 and her husband at Abracadabar when we were there for runDisney!! I was so bummed because I'd been wanting to go there so badly, and that would've been perfect company :) BUT those early race mornings totally got to me, and I had to miss it. It's definitely still on my list.
Jackie, you totally need to get over there next trip!!!

I'm looking forward to hearing about your dinner. We enjoyed the Bon Voyage breakfast there for sure!
I thought the food at Trattoria was excellent, just like breakfast, but the service was just a bit off.

The Abracadabra bar looks like a good place for a drink. I like that it has outdoor seating. The Boardwalk has a great view. It is very relaxing to sit out there. :)

Last edited:
Really interesting info on the capacity numbers! Do you have numbers for Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios too? Thanks for sharing that!

Also, Jenn your hair looks really cute curly like that! :)

Awesome math skills Jenny! Thanks for the breakdown on what 25% really means. No wonder it is feeling like average crowds now, makes sense. Andi has been looking at pictures of the TTC area and she is wondering if we should go, looking crowded, ugh!

Those capacity numbers are insane! 25% capacity appears to be too many people.

We visited WDW seven times between 1985-1995 when our daughters were very young. The first six trips were absolutely wonderful with lower crowds. The 1995 trip had MK closing around noon because it hit the capacity. We were there for rope drop and rode two rides in five hours. We were never able to eat lunch because the lines were too long. I'm not kidding. This was before fast pass and every ride had at least a two to three hour wait. That trip was so awful, we took an eight year hiatus from Disney.

The Abracadabra bar looks like a good place for a drink. I like that it has outdoor seating. The Boardwalk has a great view. It is very relaxing to sit out there. :)
We were very happy with Abracadabar.

Aw thank you for the shout out there 😗
Umm, any time!!!!! :love:

Really interesting info on the capacity numbers! Do you have numbers for Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios too? Thanks for sharing that!
We don't have those numbers, unfortunately.

Also, Jenn your hair looks really cute curly like that! :)
Aww! Thank you. It's my natural curl and when I'm not leaving the house or just running local errands I'll do that.

Awesome math skills Jenny! Thanks for the breakdown on what 25% really means. No wonder it is feeling like average crowds now, makes sense. Andi has been looking at pictures of the TTC area and she is wondering if we should go, looking crowded, ugh!
Hee! Hee! If it's any help, we felt very safe. I think you have to go in with lower expectations and if you feel uncomfortable in the parks, just head to your resort for a bit. Everyone wears their masks and it's only hard to social distance in some of the bottleneck areas.

Those capacity numbers are insane! 25% capacity appears to be too many people.
It's really not that bad. You just have to avoid the higher traffic areas and be prepared to have lower expectations. For us, we were a lot more relaxed. We didn't feel that urgency to ride every ride. We just took our time and left the parks after a few hours. We also made sure to have a lunch reservation every day so we could take off our masks, sit in the air, and enjoy a meal.

We visited WDW seven times between 1985-1995 when our daughters were very young. The first six trips were absolutely wonderful with lower crowds. The 1995 trip had MK closing around noon because it hit the capacity. We were there for rope drop and rode two rides in five hours. We were never able to eat lunch because the lines were too long. I'm not kidding. This was before fast pass and every ride had at least a two to three hour wait. That trip was so awful, we took an eight year hiatus from Disney.
From what Bob Chapek just said this past week, he has no plans to increase capacity any time soon.
The only time parks seem to reach capacity now are a few days between Christmas and New Year.
It will be interesting to see what February looks like when we go back next...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter