Chef Mickey

jemtx

DIS Veteran
Did anyone score an adr to the new modified character breakfast? Did anyone spot the menu yet? I saw the updated pricing, but can’t find the corresponding menu.

It's the current menu + they are adding a banana bread French toast, Mickey "celebration" pancakes, and maybe 1 other thing when they add the characters.

IMO the current menu is quite good with lots of options :)

We have a breakfast reservation in December, I was wondering what to expect now with social distance / no characters - where can I find more info?

Thanks -

Bummed about no character interaction there right now, but we're hitting it up anyway on our trip (Friday morning to be exact). I figure it's a nice break from MK, get in some a/c, good food, and wander around CR for a bit. Plus, I do a solid Micky impression.

I’ve heard good things about the current chef Mickey’s. I know it’s sad w/out the characters, but a lot of people say the food is better family-style & the absence of characters makes it a really great price.

now that the characters are coming back, I can’t seem to get a reservation at any time 😨

We just lucked into a Sat. morning reservation on our resort day in November - look forward to hearing some more feedback before then. We are going to use it as a jumping point to also go see the Christmas decorations at Grand Floridian and Polynesian.

Breakfast was very good, but way too much food for just me. They bring out the full buffet, all items to each guest. So you get eggs, tatter tots, hash brown casserole (really good), mini pancakes, mini Mickey waffles, French toast strips, bacon, sausage and kielbasa. You also had fruit, pastries and yogurt parfait (or one of several other starters) to begin with. Coffee, juices, milk or tea as well. Huge meal. Needless to say lunch is unnecessary.

BTW it is only $25 for adults until the characters return.

Last edited:
Breakfast was very good, but way too much food for just me. They bring out the full buffet, all items to each guest. So you get eggs, tatter tots, hash brown casserole (really good), mini pancakes, mini Mickey waffles, French toast strips, bacon, sausage and kielbasa. You also had fruit, pastries and yogurt parfait (or one of several other starters) to begin with. Coffee, juices, milk or tea as well. Huge meal. Needless to say lunch is unnecessary.

We are going at 1030 - sounds perfect to not eat again until nighttime while driving around Christmas-light-looking at the campground. :)

Wow...that does sound like a lot of food...too bad you can't tell them what you want...So much of that would be wasted if I went with my family.

Wow...that does sound like a lot of food...too bad you can't tell them what you want...So much of that would be wasted if I went with my family.

You can - we always decline the yogurt, pastries, cold cuts, and cheeses and I get a single serving of the smoked salmon for myself. IME it's not like 'Ohana where a runner plops down the food in front of you; your waiter will tell you what's on the menu and if you'd like it. Or at least they have for us - we've eaten there 4 times already.

BTW it is only $25 for adults until the characters return.
Thank you for the review! It is much appreciated. :flower3:

We have a reservation at CM for 7:05am. We have a car and are planning on driving to the contemporary from YC. Will we be able to park at the contemporary for breakfast? Do we need to show our reservation to get through the gate? Do we then need to move our car before going to MK, which opens at 9? Thank you!! 1 week to go!

We have a reservation at CM for 7:05am. We have a car and are planning on driving to the contemporary from YC. Will we be able to park at the contemporary for breakfast? Do we need to show our reservation to get through the gate? Do we then need to move our car before going to MK, which opens at 9? Thank you!! 1 week to go!

They'll scan your band at the gate to confirm your reservation and send you to the back parking lot on your right.

They have let us park there (for MK) each time we've gone recently without issue; you can just ask the guard if it's okay.

I was just able to grab a reservation here for Thanksgiving day at 12:10 pm. It says that Breakfast stops at 11:30. Do they usually run breakfast that late, or are they doing something special for Thanksgiving that hasn't been announced yet?

I was just able to grab a reservation here for Thanksgiving day at 12:10 pm. It says that Breakfast stops at 11:30. Do they usually run breakfast that late, or are they doing something special for Thanksgiving that hasn't been announced yet?
Interesting. We are waiting for them to announce Thanksgiving menus, hopefully any day now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter