Chefs de France

Has anyone eaten here since it reopened?
We had dinner there on thanksgiving. It was awesome. I had a salad to start and my husband had the onion soup. Both excellent. We got a bottle of the house pinot. Very good and relatively inexpensive. My husband & I both had the beef. Delicious and huge portions. We took our leftovers and ate them a few hours later after a few attractions in future world. They must have removed a number of tables. There was plenty of room.

note - two friends who are vegan joined us. Their experience was not as good.

mouseperks app shows Lunch only for TIW. The app has always been correct and regularly updated for us. We have reservations in a few weeks. Looking forward to it.

I heard second hand that they no longer accept tables at lunch. They definitely don’t at dinner.

I dined there this past Sunday and chose the prix fixe option. I had French onion soup (very good), the filet and creme brulee (both bland). I considered other items for the entree and dessert but the filet and creme brulee were recommended by the server.

We ate there just this past Tuesday (super cold day). We enjoyed the meal and had great service. We both did the price fix option. The French onion soup was great for such a cold day. I had the filet and DH had the beef bourguignon. We enjoyed both. My steak was cooked correctly and had good flavor. The only miss on the plate was the Haricot Verts. The beans were cooked fine, but lacked any flavor. Some salt would have been nice. The creme brûlée was good, but the fruit my DH had for desert was excellent. Loved having the option of espresso or a latte for our second beverage. The only issue I had with the meal was the Cabernet that came with the meal. Not one of my favorite wines from the trip. You could tell it was a $7.50 glass of wine. Our server was excellent. I ate too much soup and wasn’t able to finish but about 2/3 of my meal and our server was very concerned about whether I liked the meal. He even asked if he should go help in the kitchen. He even talked about living in Marseille. When he found out we had been there he took the time to ask what we thought. Very attentive. I hate to say it, but we enjoyed this meal more than our dinner the night before at Nacoossee’s.

I was very disappointed to see our favorite meals off the menus.

The lobster bisque is the best! I really look forward to that soup.
They also took off the pork shank, it was so gooooooood.

DH did not like his steak on the pre-fix. He thought it was not a great cut of meat and pretty tough.

I think I will wait until the full menu is back.

We ate there last month and we had an excellent experience. DH and I each did the prix fixe menu. We had:

Meal 1:
French Onion Soup - really good broth and lots of cheese
Filet Mignon - cooked perfectly and great flavor, with mashed potatoes and green beans
Chocolate Tart - wonderful and rich
Glass of White wine - average
Diet Coke - as expected

Meal 2:
Salad with Goat Cheese - the only thing I didn't like but DH ate it
Beef Bourguignon - My Favorite! tender beef, rich tasty sauce. I had it on mashed potatoes instead of pasta.
Creme Brulee - Excellent (and I have had many over the years)
Glass of Red wine - above average
Cappucino - A nice touch at the end of the meal. I added some sugar to make it a bit sweet.

Baguette and butter to share.

So we ate everything but I didn't care for the salad. I would go back for the Beef Bourguignon. Service was excellent, the tables were spaced nicely, and for $50 pp we thought it was a good value. We left very full.

We ate there tonight and had Prix Fixe menu.

Escargot
Filet
Creme Brûlée

No complaints. Very good meal.

I was very disappointed to see our favorite meals off the menus.

The lobster bisque is the best! I really look forward to that soup.
They also took off the pork shank, it was so gooooooood.

DH did not like his steak on the pre-fix. He thought it was not a great cut of meat and pretty tough.

I think I will wait until the full menu is back.
We also go there specifically for their lobster bisque so we haven't gone back since it's not currently on the menu. BUT this past Sunday we went to the Patisserie, which we never do, and saw they have it. It was just as good, SO HAPPY!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter