Chewie Mode Instructions?

LolaNJoe

Earning My Ears
Would anyone mind posting the instructions for Chewie mode on SR in a spoiler-free way? I'm trying to stay spoiler-free for the ride itself before we go in April but we'd love to do this! There will be 6 of us on the ride so we will be able to coordinate. Thanks!

Keep in mind you won't get audio instructions on the ride through Hondo. You'll just hear chewie so either you understand Wookie or you won't get instructions at all. I would recommend flipping the attraction normally first.

left pilot puts the lever all the way to the left and hit activate, right pilot pull lever all the way up and activate. For gunner press one of the buttons under the screen and activate and engineer push one of the buttons under the screen and press the orange button. Doesn't have to be all at the same time you just need to do it before ther cm locks the doors
The activate button will be each positions green flashing button (side from engineer which is orange)

Keep in mind you won't get audio instructions on the ride through Hondo. You'll just hear chewie so either you understand Wookie or you won't get instructions at all. I would recommend flipping the attraction normally first.

left pilot puts the lever all the way to the left and hit activate, right pilot pull lever all the way up and activate. For gunner press one of the buttons under the screen and activate and engineer push one of the buttons under the screen and press the orange button. Doesn't have to be all at the same time you just need to do it before ther cm locks the doors
The activate button will be each positions green flashing button (side from engineer which is orange)

I agree this would be better to do after a ride or two, NOT the first run through.

I read that any of the white buttons will work for the gunner and engineers, as long as it's before you activate. I wish I had known about it sooner and could have tried. Although you do all 6 need to agree to do it... so my group of 4 would have been searching for a 2-man crew to help us out.

I agree this would be better to do after a ride or two, NOT the first run through.

I read that any of the white buttons will work for the gunner and engineers, as long as it's before you activate. I wish I had known about it sooner and could have tried. Although you do all 6 need to agree to do it... so my group of 4 would have been searching for a 2-man crew to help us out.
Im usually just 1 :)

The article made it sound like it’s a new thing. I also don’t think it should be done on your first ride.

Maybe anyone with less than six people should hold a piece of paper that says something like “Chewy mode crew wanted” and stand near the falcon...I wonder if this would be allowed? I dunno if I could screw the courage up to approach strangers and try to form a crew. I only need 4-5 people depending on the day...:rolleyes1

The article made it sound like it’s a new thing. I also don’t think it should be done on your first ride.

Maybe anyone with less than six people should hold a piece of paper that says something like “Chewy mode crew wanted” and stand near the falcon...I wonder if this would be allowed? I dunno if I could screw the courage up to approach strangers and try to form a crew. I only need 4-5 people depending on the day...:rolleyes1
I love this idea :D

The hack has to be done like an old video game cheat code. You need to make certain inputs by a certain time in order to bring "Chewie mode" online.

First and foremost, do not ACTIVATE your position right away like you normally do. Left and right pilots need to push their controls to the extreme left/right or extreme up/down. Once you’ve done that, hit your activation button.

Engineers and Gunners need to hit one of the white buttons on their console before hitting the orange activation button. Kind of like using the shift key on a keyboard.

Finally, be sure you’ve done this BEFORE the cast members finishes checking your seatbelts (pull the yellow thingy) and he hits his ok to go button.

And that’s it. Do it right and chewy will be yelling at you for 5 minutes. Miss a step and you get Hondo and his canisters.

Gonna need to recruit a crew of 4 on our next mission. Anyone want in? LOL

Gonna need to recruit a crew of 4 on our next mission. Anyone want in? LOL

:wave::wave::wave::wave:We're a party of 4!! When are you going?

:wave::wave::wave::wave:We're a party of 4!! When are you going?

I dunno. I’m local. :) I go to a theme park, whether Disney or Universal, 2-3 times a month when it’s not summer. But I rarely plan more than about 2 weeks out, when I get my work schedule. MK is probably my next stop, it’s been two months since I’ve been there. For some reason I keep ending up at HS to travel to another planet...

My daughter says i should make a sign and stand by the entrance "looking for 5 people to activate chewie mode"

I have decided to do this next time I go. And I’ll make sure I get to be pilot instead of engineer for once. :)

I was there on the 13th, so it’s possible it existed by then.

I would totally stand by the entrance with a sign! And if I saw someone with a sign I would join them!

I have thought of an important question! Does everyone have to hit their white button/pull their lever before anyone activates their station?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!