Chicago restaurants?

AmyAnne

DIS Veteran
Chicago people - can you recommend places to eat near:

1. The Field Museum

2. CIBC Theater (Hamilton)

The trip is a Christmas present for my family (me, DH, four teen/young adult kids) so we are willing to splurge a little for a good quality experience. We eat just about all kinds of food (but my 19 and 21 year old, 6-foot+ sons can eat a lot).

Thanks!

The Field Museum is out on a peninsula into the lake and it's not really near anything, except the hot dog cart that's always outside. You'll need to drive, walk, bus, or cab somewhere else to eat from there so you might as well pick something you really want and just do the travel. If the weather is nice, you can walk across Grant Park to the Art Institute, Millennium Park, and the Loop, but I'm not sure that the good restaurants are there anyway.

Hamilton is in the Loop/business district, so lots of lunchtime restaurants for businesspeople. When we went to the theater over the summer, we went to a lobster restaurant and really liked it. It's not a sit-down (order at counter) so it may not be what you're looking for since you're talking about splurging for a good quality experience.

I'm afraid I don't really do splurge meals so I probably don't have great advice on that front. I do know that I like Eataly (it's near North Michigan Avenue, so not in the immediate area) as well as the classic Pizzeria Uno (also near North Michigan).

Italian village is close to the Hamilton theater. We have gone to the Christmas Carol at the Goodman for over 20 years and always take the family there for a late dinner. Good Italian food and reasonably priced. It can get busy at Christmas time so I suggest a reservation. Another good place although a bit of a walk is Catch 32 on Wacker Drive. They offer free parking if you are going to a show. Your parking is taken off your dinner bill and then you pay the valet when you pick up the car.

Italian village is close to the Hamilton theater. We have gone to the Christmas Carol at the Goodman for over 20 years and always take the family there for a late dinner. Good Italian food and reasonably priced. It can get busy at Christmas time so I suggest a reservation. Another good place although a bit of a walk is Catch 32 on Wacker Drive. They offer free parking if you are going to a show. Your parking is taken off your dinner bill and then you pay the valet when you pick up the car.

I second this. Italian Village is always good. Delicious food and great atmosphere, and right down the street from the theater. Catch 35 is good too, but a little further from the theater.

I haven't been in awhile but the Walnut Room at Macy's used to be nice at Christmas time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter