choosing a room on Royal Caribbean

Burgermom

Mouseketeer
Hello,

I am working on booking a cruise (right now I am just trying to price out options) but am confused about the different room options
we are likely booking an interior room but I am not sure how to figure out if we would be above or below something noisy (such as a dance floor, pool, engine, stabilizer, etc)
How can I get a sense of where things are located in relation to a given cabin on a ship
Right now I am mostly looking at Allure, Harmony, Oasis And Symphony

^THIS

Pull up a page with deck plans, you can go into one tab to switch decks.
They are lined up the same so it's easy to figure out what is over and under you.
This is important because you can hear noise or vibrations.

Things to consider beside that is front, middle or back ...
Especially since you are looking at large ships.
How close to elevators and stairs ...
Where will you spend much of your time, like do you want to get to a certain pool fast ...

The system should only show you available cabins based on your occupancy
so alway plug those numbers in even if you aren't ready to book.
It helps narrow it all down.

Last edited:
Exactly as @msjprincess states above. If you're having difficulty orienting your self between the various decks because of the layout of the web page not being even just remember that things like stairs and elevators are in the same spot on each deck. You can use that to be sure you're looking at the right location.

Pull up a page with deck plans, you can go into one tab to switch decks.
They are lined up the same so it's easy to figure out what is over and under you.
This is important because you can hear noise or vibrations.
So what I like to do is something like below - open up multiple windows and lay them side by side. I have multiple screens so I would keep the deck plans on one monitor while searching in another.

In this example I have Allure Decks 12 and 14. So when you look here you can see some of the interior forward cabins are underneath Adventure Ocean - it could get noisy in there, so you may consider avoiding that area.

upload_2018-2-24_0-26-17.png

There is a website called https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/ where you can see the deck plans for all Royal ships. It has a feature called “drag decks” where you can easily line up decks and compare. The website also has photos for paid members and free links to videos so you can see what your cabin will look like.

I am completely new to this and thinking of booking a cruise in October. Is it better to be on a higher deck or a lower deck (Number wise). If your going on a 4 day cruise is it worth the extra money for the ocean view?

I am completely new to this and thinking of booking a cruise in October. Is it better to be on a higher deck or a lower deck (Number wise). If your going on a 4 day cruise is it worth the extra money for the ocean view?
Where are you cruising to and what ship are you considering? In general people prefer the higher deck, which often cost more. However, those prone to motion sickness are better off on a lower deck since there is less apparent movement.

If you can afford it go for the ocean view. Remember, this is a cruise and its nice to just look out over the water when you wake up.

Where are you cruising to and what ship are you considering? In general people prefer the higher deck, which often cost more. However, those prone to motion sickness are better off on a lower deck since there is less apparent movement.

If you can afford it go for the ocean view. Remember, this is a cruise and its nice to just look out over the water when you wake up.

We are looking at the Oct 8th out of Port Carnival to Nassau 4 days

We are looking at the Oct 8th out of Port Carnival to Nassau 4 days

I'm a cheapskate and I'm perfectly OK staying in an inside cabin unless the price difference is small. I looked at the cruise that you're thinking of and for 2 people an inside cabin in about $700 and an outside cabin is $995. That's $295 for an outside cabin or $73 per night extra for an outside cabin. That's not worth it for me. That's 7 silly umbrella drinks per day! That's the cost of an excursion or two. The light from the window is nice and if you hit a bit of rough seas it's cool to see the waves but I wouldn't pay that much more for an outside cabin. I would rather save the money and spend it somewhere else.

I've never been in an inside cabin so I'm biased towards at least an ocean view. And tbh I prefer a balcony so I'm willing to pay a premium for it.

Now for you, with zero frame of reference between the room types, an inside cabin might work out. It probably means you spend more time on the pool deck, and like pp mentioned, it's a little extra drink money in your pocket.

loved the location of my stateroom on oasis. 14606. balcony, close to both elevators, one deck up for the pool and two decks up to windjammer.

50 steps to adventure ocean and all the kid's programs too. quiet at night, very little foot traffic except kids going to and from windjammer from adventure ocean.

We were on Oasis last year and were on the 9th floor, forward. Our room was good, very quiet, not near anything noisy above or below us. Central Park was below us but it was quiet. My only gripe was not being more centrally located on the ship. If I had to do it again, I'd choose a cabin more in the middle. A lot of the places we spent time at - Solarium, Boardwalk, Windjammer, theater, etc. were at one end of the ship or the other. So we'd either have a very quick trip back to the room or a very long one if we were at the opposite end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!