Christina's weight loss journey with WW and The FIRM

christinadei

<font color=red>Tagless for eternity (well, until
Here's my story:

I weighed 110 before I got pregnant. I gained 50 lbs (and a humongous appetite) when I got pregnant. I had been tiny my whole life, so I thought the pounds would come off by themselves. Obviously I was wrong. I joined weight watchers a few years ago and lost 15 lbs and got down to b/t a size 8 and 10 before I started school and didn't have tiem to go to meetings. I went off program and slowly gained it all back, plus 5 lbs. I now weigh 158 and would like to get down to about 125 and to comfortably fit an 8. Ultimately I'd love to be a 6.

My motivation:

First I am going to my family reuinon for the first time since I was 13 (11 years!) and it's at the beach, which means, bathingsuits. So goal number one is to wear a bikini and look good in it! That's only 3 months for now, and I'm aiming to lose 20 lbs by then.

My second goal that I'm working towards is the 1st anniversary cruise the me and DH are going on in August. I want to wear a litlte black dress to dinner and of course, more bikini's in the carribean! I hope to lose a total of 25 lbs by then.

I'll try to post some pictures soon.

:wave2: Christina,

Welcome to WISH journaling. You will find tremendous support on this board. It really helps keep you op. Looks like you have a good plan. If you stick with it, those pounds will come off. You will WOW everyone at the reunion and cruise.

Have a good day.
Beth

Welcome to the WISH Journal board, Christina!

Great motivations - a reunion and a cruise!!

Do you have any particular eating plan that you're going to use? There are people here using every plan from watching portion size to Weight Watchers to South Beach to Atkins, etc. etc.

Are you drinking water - like 60 to 80 oz. a day?

I'm sure you'll be able to get healthier by the reunion and your wonderful cruise! :sunny:

EDIT: about 2 minutes later :rolleyes:
Sorry, Christina, I missed the title of your journal where you very clearly state that you'll be following Weight Watchers and doing the FIRM for exercise! Both of these should work wonders for you in a couple months! ::yes::

Hi Christina! :wave2: Welcome to journaling!!
Sounds like you've got a great plan. If you follow WW and do the Firm tapes regularly, I have no doubt that you will make your goals! Your gonna look great in that bikini!:earseek:
Hope your off to a great start!:sunny:
TTFN-
Sharon

Thanks everyone. I did the Complete Aerobics and Weight Training last night. Boy was it a workout. I was really sore yesterday (being that 2 days ago was my first workout) and Working out just made me feel good and now I'm not sore.

Beth-thanks!

DoeWDW-Yes, I drink around 64 oz of water per day, sometimes a little less, sometimes a lot more. Especially when we go out to eat, I normally drink 5 glasses of water. When I work out I drink about 3 as well and I sip on it all day long.

Sharon-Thanks, I plan on stickign to it. I felt that "click" this time.

Okay, here is the truth about WHY I knew that enough was enough and I had to lose weight. ALL of my clothes have been getting tighter and tighter until I can no longer wear most of them, literaly. I've been wearing them way too tight but now I cant even get most of them up, let alone zipped and buttoned. Some of these clothes I bought just before our wedding in July. I haven't wanted to buy new clothes thinking "I'll lose and get back into them" but it hasn't happened and lately a few buttons have come off, on pair of pants split in the back and another ripped just this morning trying to zip them. They are thick jean too, and they just popped a small hole in them next to the zipper. So all my clothes are worn out, too small and falling apart. I am 23 years old and should be dressing well. I've decided that I'll buy myself a new outfit each week that I lose, sort of as a reward to myself for getting healthy and losing weight. Then I'll have clothes that fit me as I go down in weight. And I'll feel good about myself.

Hi Christina and welcome to WISH journaling!
You have some great motivations for losing weight, and I like how you have planned to reward yourself. ::yes:: I do the FIRM videos too and I love them! It took awhile for me to get the moves down and to get rid of the soreness, but I have gotten results more quickly with this program than any other. Pair that with the Weight Watchers that you are doing and you'll lose those 25 pounds!

That Complete Aerobics and Weight Training is a tough workout! Congratulations for getting through it!:bounce: Emily is a great instructor, isn't she?

Welcome to WISH Christina! You will find a ton of encouragement and support here.::yes:: Have a great weekend!

Fellow FIRMie,
Tracy:wave2:

Christina, you are now where I was last August when I started here at WISH! My clothes were so tight and getting worse! I have to go to work every day and could not afford to buy 5 new outfits, so I HAD to lose!

You can do this! Those clothes will be comfortable again in a very short time and you'll be feeling much better! ::yes::

I hope you are having a good Tuesday! :sunny:

Thanks! Had a good weekend, but ate too much at easter. I didnt' plan enough for it and Monday at weigh in I was 2 lbs heavier! I assume it was mostly water weight from exercising so much because I didn't exercise at all before last Tuesday and from the salt in the ham. The next day I was down one and today I was back down 2. So now I'm just at starting weight, but I'm back on track, exercising nad eating well adn drinking all of my water.

Tracey- Yes Emily is the instuctor and it is a tough workout but it's getting easier. It's my favorite workout.

Doe-Thanks for the encouragement. It helps to hear it from someone whos been-there-done-that.

I changed my weigh in day to today and I'm back where I started. That sucks, but I guess at least I got those 2 pounds back off. I didn't do the firm last night because it was really late when I got home and my back was killing me. I don't know if I'll do CA&WT or Maximum Cardio burn tonight. But I'll do it! Have a great day planned points wise and am in high spirits for a new week and hoping to make up for the last week and show a great loss!

Hi Christina-
Welcome to Wish. You can make a fresh start and get right back on track. Get right back into your exercise and count those points and you will be on your way.

I may be asking you about some Firm tapes when I finally get up enough nerve to do some video workouts. I have bought a couple of cardio and pilates videos-but I understand the Firm workouts are really good. I have not gotten around to completeing the ones I bought yet, I am mostly walking. I would like to add some light (beginner) workout with weights- do you recommend any?

Have a great one-

Christina, you're doing a great job of sticking with your plan in spite of an early setback! However, you're not GAINING anymore and that's something to celebrate! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I hope things are going well for you this week! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter