Christine and Jeremiah's PJ - 12/06/08 Planning Session Journal Restarted! (Pg 2)

Sleeping_Princess

"Sword of truth fly swift and sure, let evil die a
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen..

I had to post my YAY news!!

First off -- we are 6 months out today!! WHOOO HOOO

Next --- Our Planning Session is Next Friday @ 1:00pm with Jennifer!!... WOOO HOOO... I can not wait to meet her.. she seems soo nice and helpful!!
We are staying the entire weekend off property :( -- but we are still close, wanted to save a little bit of $$$$

Finally --- I am very excited == I offically started summer break today... (I am a teacher at a local high school...so I will now have 2 months to devote to planning my Dec. Wedding and roaming the boards..

Well had to post my wonderful news -- off to make sure my binder is all ready and the camera have lots of batteries and empty space on chips... Wondering if I should start packing.. HAHAHA.. I always tend to do things a bit early!! :rotfl2:

Have a wonderful weekend!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :dance3: :dance3: :banana: :banana: :banana:

:yay: Have fun at your planning session! We will be dropping our wedding stuff off at Francks that day! Maybe we will run into you!:goodvibes

Have a great summer off relaxing and planning!

:yay: Have fun at your planning session! We will be dropping our wedding stuff off at Francks that day! Maybe we will run into you!:goodvibes
Have a great summer off relaxing and planning!

That would be fun -- just look for the loud people.. My family is very loud, you can't miss us!!!! :rotfl2:

Have fun planning for your planning session! ;) :banana: :yay: :woohoo:

Thanks.. :cool1:

Good Morning...

So we leave for our planning session in 24 Hours.. Is there any last mintue infomation we need??

Also one question: What is the format of the session? DF wants to do the tasting but not that floral -- and he wants to know when to be there..

Believe it or not, my DH loved the planning session and he sat through the floral discussion happily :goodvibes Maybe its because Laura Kidd, our floral manager has a great personality :thumbsup2 Anyway, the floral will probably come after an hour or two, sort of right in the middle. Our planner, Michelle Gilhooly also made the session so fun; she is very charming!! So, I guess he can take a break and go outside if it gets tedious for him but I bet it won't!!

You will love it and take copious notes. I referred to mine many times before the wedding!! Most of all, have fun and take pictures galore! :lovestruc

The floral part was really not at all painful for my DH either. Ours happened about 30 min into the PS. We talked to her for about 45 min I would say. I only know that because we had to leave at a certain time to go try our food. Honestly I don't think I got the most out of the time talking to Rose because there way just so much information to cover between actual flowers and then favors and centerpieces. However if he doesn't really want to sit there he can walk outside for a little bit.

Thank you so much.. I truely feel prepared!!!

Have a wonderful night -- I know I will as I dream about our session... I will come back with lots and lots of pictures...

:o) :cool1: :cool1:

Not sure if I'm too late here but I have one small piece of advice.

Don't worry if you don't get every decision made at the planning session. We actually decided very little at the actual planning session. We didn't end up selecting our menu until about 4 weeks prior to the wedding, and we didn't finish our music selection until about a week prior!

Have a great time, take lots of pics and see you when you get back!

Jennifer is my planner too! She is amazing, you will love her!!! Just enjoy yourself, and take lots of pictures!!!

Good Afternoon Ladies..

We just got home from our lovely planning session weekend!!! There were ups and downs but all in all it turned out to be a pretty awesome weekend!!

I am going to unpack and do laundry - then think about dinner.. I will start my trip report and updated wedding planning journal tomorrow.. :cool1:

Hi everyone, welcome to my planning journal!! (Again -- I started this awhile ago, now it is time to finish it..)

Here are the players:

Wedding Party
• Bride: Christine M. Julien
• Groom: Jeremiah J. Scherer
• Maid of Honor: Bride’s Sister (Alison Black)
• Bridesmaid: Bride Friend (Michelle Jahn)
• Bridesmaid: Bride Friend from High School (Robin French)
• Best Man: Groom’s Brother (Joshua Scherer)
• Groomsmen: Groom’s Brother-in-law (Mike Moore)
• Groomsmen: Groom’s Friend (Ryan Jahn)

My Ring:
18kt White Gold 1/2ct Round Diamond Solitaire Engagement Ring, GIA® Graded Helzberg Diamond Masterpiece®

A little about me and my Prince Charming:
I am 26 and currently am teaching English at a local high school. I have always dreamed of a Disney Wedding, you could say I have had it planned for years, just needed the right guy to put in the spot... :o)
My Charming is 29 and is working at a local call center here in Tampa, Florida. Before meeting my DF had only been to Disney once, and actually was not a big fan of the whole Eisner industry. But through my persistent nagging and our many trips, you could say I molded him into the ways of Disney.
We are both huge theme park people, of course living in Florida, you almost have to be. With Busch Gardens up the street, and Disney, SeaWorld and Universal about a 45 minute drive away – one could say a destination wedding the only choice for me.

How we met:
It all began when I was in high school. My DF is was/still is in a local band that used to play a lot at the church I attended. You could say I was a groupie. Hehehe!!! :rotfl: I followed the band religiously all through my high school years (DF is 3 years old then I am.) Once I hit college I lost touch with the band and forgot all about my Prince Charming. We both had our ups and downs in relationships and then about 3 years ago the Lord had our paths cross again.
Forced by a friend to attend a new local youth/young adult group at his church, I finally gave in and thank goodness I did. When I arrived I saw my DF’s brother and started hanging out with him and his friends and ultimately going to a party at his house. Well I let slip that I always have had a crush on my DF and the moment I said that – wheels were put into actions and next thing I knew, my DF showed at the party with the Silverchair live DVD (have also liked this band – fate.) I like to say that from that night I knew we were supposed be together. Although we had not had our first date, we made plans for the next day to go to Busch Gardens since both of us had seasonal passes (again another perk of living in Florida.)
The next morning he showed up at my door and we headed off to Busch. We were not even there an hour when he received a phone call and had to rush off to pick up his friend (our videographer for the wedding) from the airport. I was crushed. Only getting to spend and hour with him – I just thought it was over and I was not going to get another chance.
Well fate smiled on him and me that night, because low and behold my DF’s brother threw another party and again I was invited and my DF was there. We got to spend the night talking and getting to know one another and were inseparable from that moment. The rest you can say is history.

Dress:
Oleg Cassini Sweetheart satin bodice with tulle skirt featuring metallic beaded lace appliqués. Chapel train. White.

Bridesmaid Dresses:
David Bridal’s Style: F11165 Strapless satin ball gown with side ruching and beaded bodice. Wrap included

Photography:
Randy Chapman Photographer and also having the Magic Kingdom Photo Shoot
(Photoshoot - Schedule for January 17th -- since they are shooting Christmas Day Parade the weekend of our Wedding)

Officiate:
Mike Jones – Our local pastor of our church

Color Scheme:
• Red (Deep Read)
• Black
• Silver
• Green (Hunter Green)

Floral:
Round bouquet designed with Black Magic roses with touches of ivy. Add 15 Mickey Swarovski crystals in the bouquet. Wrap the faux stems 75% with 012 Silver satin ribbons

Ceremony:
Wedding Pavilion @ 2:30pm, having a traditional Christian ceremony with unity candle! (adding the Major Domo, so it is not to stuffy!)

Reception:
Reception @ the Grand Floridian Ballroom 1-4 (4:30pm - 8:30pm)
Cocktail Hour @ Whitehall and Patio (3:30pm - 4:30pm

Invitations
Personalized ones from Shelly "Impressions" (while the Invitations were beautiful, there was a lot of stress)

Hair and Makeup:
Ana from Beaute Speciale is hired to do my Make-up (also maybe my hair.) My future sister in law is a hairstylist and has offered to do my hair, but she is also very fickle and I want everything to be perfect.

Plans for Wedding Weekend:
Thursday - DF and I are checking in Grand Floridian Hotel
Friday – Day at Epcot, Rehearsal, then Dinner at Ohana’s
Saturday – Wedding and Reception
Sunday – Morning after Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare, then we leave for California

Honeymoon Plans:
Checking in @ Disneyland Hotel on Sunday, Dec. 7th and Checking out on Dec. 13th 2008
o Disneyland
o California Adventure
o San Diego Zoo
o Aquarium of the Pacific
o Day in Los Angeles

Well I hope this is a good re-start -- I will post pictures as soon as I can get my photobucket to work..

** Next Issue **
* Pictures to Come
* Bridal Shower Update
* Favors
* RSVP's are Coming In
* More details on our Disneyland Honeymoon

Good Night Ladies -- Hope you have enjoyed thus far! :dance3: :dance3:

Hi. Just read your PJ. Your dress sounds very similar to mine! I also have an Oleg Cassini, except my bodice is all lace and beading but it also has metallic detail in silver. Can't wait to see pics!!!

I just found your PJ and I can't wait to see some pictures! (And a late congrats, by the way!):surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter