Christmas 2018 - let the reservation stalking begin!

KristinU

DIS Veteran
Some of you may recall that we went to the Fort for Christmas a few years ago. I think we decided on that trip in maybe August of that year and had to stitch together a few reservations after stalking for a few days. My Floridian parents met up with us there and did the same around the same time frame. It all worked out!

Well, this time around we thought "let's think about the Fort for 2018" just a day or so ago...sure enough, we can't just book the days we want, even over a year out. I was able to snag the majority of it, but my mom didn't look until later and now it is tent only sites (we both need bigger). So let the stalking commence!

You are right about August. I made mine for next Christmas 8-25 right at 7 am. Then we decided we wanted pretty much all of December and I booked the rest of it last week. We will be there Dec. 12 - 21 then coming back Dec. 29 - Jan. 12, I believe with a cruise to the Carribean in the gap between the 21 and 29. Full hook-up. Keep trying.

We're hoping this December will work out well. If so, we plan to be back next Dec 2 - Dec 19. Right now, full hook up is open. I wonder if I should book now or after our trip.

Keep stalking. You know you can piece it together you did it before. We had planned to be at Disney after thanksgiving, but work messed me up. Back in Sep we decided we needed thanksgiving week and pulled it all together. We did literally wait for one day and that was Friday night as we already checking in sat, but we got it.

So if I'm understanding correctly....you're going on a vacation and then a vacation and then a vacation? Is this right? Nice!

You are right about August. I made mine for next Christmas 8-25 right at 7 am. Then we decided we wanted pretty much all of December and I booked the rest of it last week. We will be there Dec. 12 - 21 then coming back Dec. 29 - Jan. 12, I believe with a cruise to the Carribean in the gap between the 21 and 29. Full hook-up. Keep trying.

Yes Melissa I am on vacation and vacation and vacation. Plans right now, check in nov 19 check out dec 2. Then back on Jan 2 till Jan 14. I just miss my bday.

....you're going on a vacation and then a vacation and then a vacation?

Indeed we are. We booked the cruise first, then decided since we would already be in Fl. that we would book the Fort for New Years. Then after talking for awhile I suggested we go to the Fort before the cruise also. So technically, we will be in Florida from Dec. 4 - 9 in Destin, then the Fort Dec. 9 - 21, cruise non-Disney, Dec. 22 - 29, check back in at the Fort Dec. 29 and leave for home Jan. 12.

We will have a small family get together for our older kids on Dec. 1 for there Christmas gift exchange and then head out with the young one, her mom thinks she's spoiled, I know she is.

Indeed we are. We booked the cruise first, then decided since we would already be in Fl. that we would book the Fort for New Years. Then after talking for awhile I suggested we go to the Fort before the cruise also. So technically, we will be in Florida from Dec. 4 - 9 in Destin, then the Fort Dec. 9 - 21, cruise non-Disney, Dec. 22 - 29, check back in at the Fort Dec. 29 and leave for home Jan. 12.

We will have a small family get together for our older kids on Dec. 1 for there Christmas gift exchange and then head out with the young one, her mom thinks she's spoiled, I know she is.

Dang, Vince,

You're going to be in Florida so long (or offshore from a Florida port) that you might have to file Florida income tax returns again (that is, if Florida HAD an income tax). :teeth:

At least I know now that when I come thru the first week of January we'll get to say hello to you, DW, and Lil Medic.

See you in January! :wave2:

Bama Ed

Yeah I get to meet snowmedic. Am sure you may be going to parks but we have a lunch meet up on Jan 5. Hope you can make it.

Yes Melissa you will just miss the rock stars. In fact I think we need to deck out the wagon in lights for yeti. Mallory is a rock star and yeti looks like a puddle of dog when he is in the wagon. I was hoping to meet that sweet baby and of course just look at her. I tell people no kids for me but then they say how much I take care of the rock stars, baby is no different. I disagree though, if i put a baby in a dog crate and pretty sure DFAS is coming after me :rotfl2:

Vince - you will be on your way to Florida residency. Too bad you don't do the parks, that FL residency is a great price!

Well that will be just awesome if our paths cross next December. With both our families in the full hook ups, we could be neighbors! Stranger things have happened.

Kris - I turned 40 this year and I'm still not ready to call it quits yet! Will see.

Bummer on the day just missing. December is looking kind of quiet (well the first two weeks anyway). And the year we don't come down in January, all y'all getting together for a potluck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!