Christmas 2020 - predictions?

FinnsMom7

DIS Veteran
this will be our first Univseral trip during holiday season, second ever for hubby. I see the list of offerings online with the dreaded note that they could change at any time. I am wondering what people's thoughts are on
- changes, modifications, or cancelation of certain things
And
- when the announcements would come

We are planning to be there 11/18-23

this will be our first Univseral trip during holiday season, second ever for hubby. I see the list of offerings online with the dreaded note that they could change at any time. I am wondering what people's thoughts are on
- changes, modifications, or cancelation of certain things
And
- when the announcements would come

We are planning to be there 11/18-23

Well they recently announced VB will be closed until March, I think that starts around November 2.

Like anything that is a pretty general statement that they can make a change to pretty much anything and at anytime.

My thoughts though are that currently Universal is doing an awesome job of making the restrictions necessary seem as minimal as possible as far as how it affects your experience.

We did an 11 day trip recently and it was awesome, I can only hope things continue to get better in all aspects.

Well they recently announced VB will be closed until March, I think that starts around November 2.

Like anything that is a pretty general statement that they can make a change to pretty much anything and at anytime.

My thoughts though are that currently Universal is doing an awesome job of making the restrictions necessary seem as minimal as possible as far as how it affects your experience.

We did an 11 day trip recently and it was awesome, I can only hope things continue to get better in all aspects.
The closing of VB seemed logical to me especially for time of year... i think this will be much like 2020 where it is a week out and we will.see

The closing of VB seemed logical to me especially for time of year... i think this will be much like 2020 where it is a week out and we will.see

Yeah, not surprising at all, I actually had been told they had already heard of closing coming, but the ones I had spoke with thought it’d be sooner

I think going to watch the Grinch show maybe harder to get into especially if they have social distant sitting where they spread you out and skip a row.

Possibly even require VQ

The Macy's Parade is the only thing I can be really sure about being cancelled since they currently do not have parades running right now already. They occasionally take out a float and have characters dance around though. There is a possibility they might do something littler like that for Christmas.

Concert is hard to say since the concerts that were cancelled was when Universal was closed period. However, due the fact that all concerts everywhere are cancelled pretty much until 2021 and the area of that section is massive it would be hard to keep and eye and control that section anyway to keep people socially distancing so that would be out more than likely.

Considering that technically they still have shows and make sure to keep everyone apart with gaped seating (like Bourne). I can see that Grinchmas show can continue since it's a certain section where they can mark places to watch from (like Beat Builders / Blues Brothers) and could have enough TMs to monitor the people to make sure they socially distance. It's not a massive area where the show is taken place so I think it's manageable.

If anything, like all the other characters, The Grinch would be on a stage and pose for photos and what not like the others are doing right now. Maybe he can shout a few things at people?

Keep in mind these are all theories. Those are the only things I can see potentially being affected. I would imagine that they'd keep all the decorations out as normal. Either way, if they take a lot of things away, I'm sure they'd do other things instead rather just take everything away. Like how this year for Halloween how HHN was cancelled, but they at least opened a couple of haunted houses for day guests and encourage costumes (which they never done before).

Reactions: shh
I should clarify when I talked with the reservations line, that he did say that they also cancelled HHN and were still able to offer two houses. So he said even though the lights at Hogwarts is currently cancelled, that doesn't mean it wouldn't change as the dates approach.

It doesn't surprise me. While I never got to see them yet (in the past I often go during the day and wouldn't stay long enough to be there at night) I would imagine since it happens throughout the night that it doesn't draw as big as a crowd as a show that only occurs once at night like the main show over at the US side.

i will SO miss mannheim...wish they could still host them and maybe just have people listen via speakers throughout the park. It's the music that's so wonderful....not much to really view on stage, so people really don't need to crowd together to enjoy the experience. Maybe I'll load it onto my pandora app as wander through. Plan B :music:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!