Christmas Day 2020... Best place to go? Where are you going?

IAmDis

Mouseketeer
Christmas is upon us, and despite the global crisis, I'm sure a lot of you, like myself, are making it happen for Christmas week.

Since I will be at MK that day and also staying nearby at the Poly, I booked CA Grill late night as my "main" Christmas dinner. I also purposefully booked this late into the night just in case they surprise everyone with a Christmas firework show. Never know, especially with the new adjusted hours. But more importantly, I am travelling with someone who has never been to WDW, so I wanted as full of day possible to ensure we see everything we can, so we'll leave the park around 8pm and get ready for dinner. I couldn't justify a 2-6pm "dinner" when we would probably have 5-6 more rides or things to do for a first-timer in my party.

But I feel CA Grill is a perfect place for a Christmas dinner. Good service, amazing views, fancy enough to feel the Christmas cheer.

But for Christmas especially, where is the best place to go to feel like a real Christmas dinner? If it wasn't for CA Grill, I would have been utterly stuck as to what would feel like a warm Christmas dinner to go to, especially in the MK area.

What have you booked for Christmas Day during your stay on property, or in the past years?

We’re doing Epcot on Christmas Day. We’re doing Topolino’s for Christmas morning breakfast, and I’m debating between Rose&Crown, Beaches and Cream, and Le Cellier for dinner. Nothing in Epcot jumps out at me. We might just eat at the booths.

We’re doing Epcot on Christmas Day. We’re doing Topolino’s for Christmas morning breakfast, and I’m debating between Rose&Crown, Beaches and Cream, and Le Cellier for dinner. Nothing in Epcot jumps out at me. We might just eat at the booths.

Topollinos sounds awesome for Brunch. Been waiting to try, but def gotta book as far as you can. Currently, I have Topolinos in my head for New Years Day, if possible.

Topollinos sounds awesome for Brunch. Been waiting to try, but def gotta book as far as you can. Currently, I have Topolinos in my head for New Years Day, if possible.
I actually have a 7:30am and a 11am for Topolino’s. I’m not sure which one is better, The park opens at 10am. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I actually have a 7:30am and a 11am for Topolino’s. I’m not sure which one is better, The park opens at 10am. 🤷🏻‍♀️

7:30am seems about right IF you're vacationing and want to get Epcot stuff done. Didn't know they open that early actually. That for New Years day? Me being local, the 7:30am slot is not what I would choose, ha. If it's strictly based on your vacation and wanna get as much stuff done as possible, 7:30am is the golden ticket.

We've eaten at Trattoria al Forno on Christmas Day but only because we were staying at BWI and it was very convenient. In the MK area, I would probably opt for WCC or GF Cafe only because I love those resorts during Christmas time. I'm sure Cali Grill will be lovely!

We arrive on Christmas Day (plane lands around 1:00pm) so unfortunately not a park day for us, but I figured to get a "touch" of Disney on Christmas Day, we would have dinner in DS. So we've got a 7pm reservation at The Boathouse.

7:30am seems about right IF you're vacationing and want to get Epcot stuff done. Didn't know they open that early actually. That for New Years day? Me being local, the 7:30am slot is not what I would choose, ha. If it's strictly based on your vacation and wanna get as much stuff done as possible, 7:30am is the golden ticket.
7:30 is for Christmas Day. I liked the idea of being the first group in a clean restaurant. We are trying to avoid dining inside, but wanted something special for Christmas morning

This will be our 3rd Christmas at WDW We will do our Christmas Dinner again this year at Whispering Canyon Cafe. We j=have done at TRAILS END and would have considered it but as of today it is still closed

This will be our 3rd Christmas at WDW We will do our Christmas Dinner again this year at Whispering Canyon Cafe. We j=have done at TRAILS END and would have considered it but as of today it is still closed
We are also having Christmas dinner at WCC. This will be our 2nd time in Disney for Christmas and we just loved being in that hotel (such a festive and beautiful lobby) and the special Christmas skillet is wonderful

We've done Christmas Dinner at California Grill. Good choice!

We'll be doing Chef Mickey's and BOG this year.

We are also having Christmas dinner at WCC. This will be our 2nd time in Disney for Christmas and we just loved being in that hotel (such a festive and beautiful lobby) and the special Christmas skillet is wonderful
Is the special Christmas skillet only for Christmas Day?

Is the special Christmas skillet only for Christmas Day?
Yes we do Lunch that WCC Christmas Eve and it is NORMAL menu.
We will be Next door in our HOME RESORT, Ft Wilderness in our DVC on Wheels with the Dogs and the cat

We’ve done BOG, WCC and LTT on past Christmas days and enjoyed them all.

If we didn’t have to cancel this year we would definitely be doing CA Grill.
Enjoy! :)

I was just coming on here to ask the same question. This is our 1st time ever at Disney for Christmas- super excited!!! We are doing breakfast at the Kona Cafe as that is a tradition for us. We are staying at the Swan so had planned on Il Mulino for dinner as the park was showing an early close. Now that they are extending the hours we arent sure where to go. I am not a huge fan of any of the restaurants in the MK, but Cali grill is so close maybe that would be a good option. Xmas Eve we are planning on Wolfgang Puck at DTD.

We are staying at Riviera first half and Beach Club last part of stay. Thought Topolino's would be nice for Christmas breakfast but my daughters picked Trattoria Al Forno and House of Blue's Brunch for the the following day since only on weekends. 🥂Bottomless Mimosas caught their attention more than ::MinnieMo the characters! Also, have Epcot booked but not sure we are going to use our non-expiring park hoppers for that day...still deciding but if we do I have Chefs de France booked. Happy planning!

This year and last we did/are doing California Grill on Christmas Eve, Whispering Canyon for Christmas breakfast and Liberty Tree Tavern for Christmas dinner. LTT reservations are nowhere to be found but hoping more open up soon since hours were extended.

Last edited:

We will be at Epcot on Christmas Day too :goodvibes . We wanted Le Cellier for our Christmas dinner but since I couldn't get that, I now have a reservation at Via Napoli (one of our favorite restaurants in WS), and I am not mad about the decision. Since we share a pizza at VN anyways, it will allow us to do some snacking at the festival booths.

We are staying at Riviera for the second half of our trip so decided on Topolino’s for breakfast Christmas morning, then Garden Grill for dinner at my kids request (I was kinda hoping for Le Cellier, but I will be there with DH over Thanksgiving for our anniversary so I gave in to everything they wanted to do). We'll do booths during the day for lunch and snacks.

Booked WCC for a late lunch. Someone else asked, but does anyone know if the holiday menu is lunch as well? Need to find out if they have a vegetarian option that day. Also, still second guessing going to MK that day at all, but glad to have a reservation at both for now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter