Christmas Gifts for TEENS

I have never ordered the snack boxes cause we can buy the same or similar snacks local. I was just thinking of ordering it for my nieces. If I sign up today, the first box comes in less than 2 weeks. So I subscribed to my home so we can check out the first two boxes before deciding to sign up my nieces who are 9 and 6. They like to get things in the mail and I know they like movie and popcorn night in their home.

I was debating between Snack Crate and MunchPak. I thought Snack Crate website was a bit more user friendly so I went with them. I may cancel the subscription after the first couple boxes... we shall see. Our primary grocery store is the military commissary that has a decent selection of foreign snacks and a few local places that sells foreign snacks, so if my kids like a particular item, I will just see if we can get it local. We use to live in Korea and like Korean snacks so I opted for that to be our first box.

Editing to say, I just ordered MunchPak too. Going to compare the two and canx one.

If you are interested in just a Korean snack box, I got my nephew SnackFever one year. He liked it - it was an interesting combination of ramen, soda, candy, chips, etc. We traveled to Korea later that year, and saw many of the items in the convenience stores there. I can get most of it at the Asian market down the street, but I also wasn't going to package up a box and send it to my nephew every month, so I just went with SnackFever.

Picked up pair of fuzzy Seahawk socks today for stocking stuffer for DD.
Wish the SIL’s would get back to me on what their boys want! Keep seeing things but not sure if they would like them (21 and 16) always have problems buying for them.

If you are interested in just a Korean snack box, I got my nephew SnackFever one year. He liked it - it was an interesting combination of ramen, soda, candy, chips, etc. We traveled to Korea later that year, and saw many of the items in the convenience stores there. I can get most of it at the Asian market down the street, but I also wasn't going to package up a box and send it to my nephew every month, so I just went with SnackFever.

Interesting. I haven’t seen snack fever. It’s hard for me to pay some of those prices knowing the local Korean prices. My dad, stepmom and two sisters just returned to Korea last month for a year, so they could mail us anything we can’t get local. But the box is convieient.

I actually just ordered to boxes for my kids to try and see which of the two would be better for the nieces.
I don’t plan to keep the subscription active after these first two boxes unless the kids really extremely like them.

My Daughter just got her drivers license so I got her a Kenu vent clip for her phone so she can use it as a GPS. I also found a tshirt I know she'll like at Think Geek so I bought that. 2 gifts down. LOL

Last year I went to Disney in November and went into the Japan store and bought some things like the drink with the marble and some other food things and put them in a Christmas gift bag for her. She enjoyed that a lot so now for this year I'm thinking of looking around for a store that sells that type of thing and doing it again.

My son is 22 and for him I always get a couple of gift cards to food places and this year I'm thinking of doing a small tree that fits in a gift bag to hang some cash on. He's in college and cash is more important to him than stuff at this point. Although if I come across something he'll like, I'll pick it up.

Nieces and Nephews aren't teens yet. But we do draw one name per family for them. We no longer give to Adults expect for my husbands Aunt, his parents and my parents. So that helped simplify Christmas for us.

I am finding a lot of the Asian snack boxes on Amazon (not from the subscription companies). So if anyone wants an Asian snack box without the subscription, check out Amazon. I just ordered the Japanese Ramune Soda (with the marble) 12-pack for my son for a Christmas gift. Because I ordered it, I will probably find it local for much less (Murphy's Law) but I don't have bought DD11 gifts and nothing for DS15 yet and I think he will like these, so why not. LOL. He has never had them. Because of damage to his teeth from drinking soda, lemonade, and juices with his braces we had to cut out all sugar drinks the last 6 months so he only been drinking G2 at home. He should have his braces off early December so these sugary drinks will be a treat.

My Daughter just got her drivers license so I got her a Kenu vent clip for her phone so she can use it as a GPS. I also found a tshirt I know she'll like at Think Geek so I bought that. 2 gifts down. LOL

Last year I went to Disney in November and went into the Japan store and bought some things like the drink with the marble and some other food things and put them in a Christmas gift bag for her. She enjoyed that a lot so now for this year I'm thinking of looking around for a store that sells that type of thing and doing it again.

My son is 22 and for him I always get a couple of gift cards to food places and this year I'm thinking of doing a small tree that fits in a gift bag to hang some cash on. He's in college and cash is more important to him than stuff at this point. Although if I come across something he'll like, I'll pick it up.

Nieces and Nephews aren't teens yet. But we do draw one name per family for them. We no longer give to Adults expect for my husbands Aunt, his parents and my parents. So that helped simplify Christmas for us.

The soda you are talking about with the marble its's called Ramune I think. My daughter loves it. I have found it at Five Below and another random store that sold Pop figures and other types of things from movies etc. I think Amazon has it as well and maybe Walmart

My DS is 18 and a college freshman. I am thinking of getting him an Uber gift card for Christmas as he and his friends take Uber quite frequently.

I also loved the idea of the Snackcrate boxes! I think I will get him the mini size for 3 months for spring semester.

Also have a DS 16 - not at all sure what to get him. Usually he gets new shin guards for soccer and whatever soccer ball is trendy right now.

Of course, both boys always get socks and underwear!

The soda you are talking about with the marble its's called Ramune I think. My daughter loves it. I have found it at Five Below and another random store that sold Pop figures and other types of things from movies etc. I think Amazon has it as well and maybe Walmart

Lots of Asian markets sell them as well.

Thanks for the Snack idea...my girls love Hmart and all the Asian snacks, but I usually only go once a month and let them get one treat each (b/c the treats are the expensive part of that store:))...I think I'm gonna fill their stockings with an Asian treat extravaganza - it's something that will probably make their day (just have to get enough Pocky sticks, b/c those are their favorite buy, although I can now even get them in regular stores, and they are still pricey:))...

I got our Snack Crate in TWO days! It ships from Pensacola, Florida (we are in Tampa). The kids loved it. I got to pick the first country. I WAS thinking of putting it up for Christmas but my daughter got home from school and texted me saying it had arrived and asked to open it.

I still have Munch Pak and the Raymun coming. Maybe those will be delivered on one of my days off so I can hide it.

One day I will stop saying I need a PO Box and actually get one.

Thanks for the Snack idea...my girls love Hmart and all the Asian snacks, but I usually only go once a month and let them get one treat each (b/c the treats are the expensive part of that store:))...I think I'm gonna fill their stockings with an Asian treat extravaganza - it's something that will probably make their day (just have to get enough Pocky sticks, b/c those are their favorite buy, although I can now even get them in regular stores, and they are still pricey:))...

Have they tried Hello Panda? DD likes those as much as Pocky sticks - I found a large box (https://www.amazon.com/Meiji-Hello-Panda-Chocolate-Biscuit/dp/B000H2DZS0?th=1) at the Asian market near me the other week for only $4. I bought it as a stocking stuffer but I think it's too big to stuff! :tongue:

Also, you can get a wider variety of different flavors of Pocky sticks at many Asian markets than the ones you can get at non-Asian markets. DD likes trying those, although some haven't been huge hits - but she likes to say she's at least tried them!

I personally like the unusual flavors of Kit Kats I can get at Asian markets. I say I am going for Baby Bok Choy and come home with Kit Kats :rolleyes: And packs of just sour apple Hi Chews. I can kill off a whole pack of those in about 3 seconds!

Can you tell I haven't had lunch yet?? LOL

Have they tried Hello Panda? DD likes those as much as Pocky sticks - I found a large box (https://www.amazon.com/Meiji-Hello-Panda-Chocolate-Biscuit/dp/B000H2DZS0?th=1) at the Asian market near me the other week for only $4. I bought it as a stocking stuffer but I think it's too big to stuff! :tongue:

Also, you can get a wider variety of different flavors of Pocky sticks at many Asian markets than the ones you can get at non-Asian markets. DD likes trying those, although some haven't been huge hits - but she likes to say she's at least tried them!

I personally like the unusual flavors of Kit Kats I can get at Asian markets. I say I am going for Baby Bok Choy and come home with Kit Kats :rolleyes: And packs of just sour apple Hi Chews. I can kill off a whole pack of those in about 3 seconds!

Can you tell I haven't had lunch yet?? LOL

Yeah, my kids love all the Pocky flavors (they each pick a different flavor when we go to HMart:)...but I'm definitely gonna look for the Hello Panda stuff, too...and I like the idea for the Kit Kats, too...again, I rarely let them look at all the snacks, so I don't even know all the options I'm not missing (but we do know they don't like the fresh rice ball candy thingies...they had them for tastings and ewwww:))...

Been picking up a few college things for next year when I see things on sale! Decided to wrap a few up for Christmas for DD. Who doesn’t want a surge protector and extension cord for Christmas :) :) :)

Been picking up a few college things for next year when I see things on sale! Decided to wrap a few up for Christmas for DD. Who doesn’t want a surge protector and extension cord for Christmas :) :) :)

I keep looking at the Christmas stash behind my closet door and making myself wait until 11/1 to bust out the wrapping paper...I may go for it earlier...DD away at college so I can leave things lying around in my "wrapping room" which will be nice this year!!!!

I keep looking at the Christmas stash behind my closet door and making myself wait until 11/1 to bust out the wrapping paper...I may go for it earlier...DD away at college so I can leave things lying around in my "wrapping room" which will be nice this year!!!!

Finally brought couple boxes home from work to put all gifts in so I don’t lose any lol usually wrap closer to thanksgiving

:rotfl2:

It isn't the same as when they still believed and it was all toys, right? Yeah, Santa's elves slaved all year over that surge protector!!

I wrapped all of DDs gifts a couple of weeks ago. It helps me realize I have bought her more than enough already and I need to stop shopping when I see the stack of gifts ready to go. They are sitting on the floor of a spare bedroom which has a silent motion sensor that texts me if someone is in the room so I know if DD is snooping (long story there)...before that, they were stacked in the closet of that room, which doesn't give me a good feel for how much I have!

I ordered a shadow of mordor sweatshirt for DS this week and it arrived today. For DD I am going to get a under amour sweatshirt and for her BF going to get a matching sweatshirt. Hoping for a sale or coupon.
For DS at target I got an item that you plug into the cigarette lighter that allows your phone or iPod ( he does not have a smart phone) to play music and for the phone the talk goes thru ur speakers.
For both kids I got cards for humanity and a booster set. (Each a set)
For the family I got the larger group of players allowed; exploding kittens, set of cards.
DD asked for gift card for Victoria s. And Mac and cheese.

Any good recommendations for DD18 college games? They love to play catan at school, humanity card game and I just got her the Voting CArd GAme. Any other suggestions for large groups for card games?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!