christmas reservation at OKW possibly for rent

Status
Not open for further replies.

rphjr

Mouseketeer
I'm probably going to rent part of my reservation at OKW for christmas time, or make the points available for rent before then.

Originally the plan was for a family get together the week after Christmas in a GV at OKW. I didn't get on the ball soon enough to get a GV so I got a ressies for a 2 bedroom and a studio. Because of work and vacation conflicts the rest of the family has backed out, so it's only going to be my two son and me in WDW at Christmas. What I'm toying with now is taking my two sons on the 3 night cruise for part of the time and use part of one reservation for the rest of the week. With the seven month window for ressie for other resort owners coming up for christmas time I plan to make changes this month if necessary to the existing reservations and/or use some of the points for a cruise. If anyone is willing to rent all some of these points I'll do that to pay for the cruise. I've heard on these boards I can save some points by paying cash for the cruise and renting points. The current ressies are from 12/28/2003 to 1/2/2004. If some want more days I can see about adding on at the front or back end.

I might also rent points between now and Christmas for any resort if available. I have 310 OKW points and 175 VB points(still closing) with a December use year. I have no current points because I banked the unused 2002 points after my March trip and VB is a MB contract.

If there is any interest in either of these options please let me know. Thanks

Would you be interested in a swap for WDW resorts for Vero? I don't think you will, since you already have OKW, but I figured I would ask.

im going at that time and would work out at the time i need to have a place for.i would like to know how much it would be.i have never stayed there.never been to disney ether.first time going.would real love to stay on site but just dont know where to stay. i heard this place is real nice.please let me know and what i have to do to get the time.

sorry i need 12-28 through 1-2.im going down earlyer not going to disney until then.so i caant wait

Since your not familiar with DVC rooms I'll explain a little. It works on a point system. A night at a room at Old West cost member a certain amount of points. The time of year, weekend or non-weekend and the size of the room dictate the number of points charged. Rentals are done usually by points. THe going rate is about $10.00 a point. SInce it's holiday time I'll probably hold to the $10.00 a point rental. As an example my studio I have the reservation for 5 nights 12/28 to 1/2 is 68 points. I would try to rent that for between $10 and $11 a point, or around $700.00. You will find this a substantial savings over other on propery hotels, but you all the same rights as the other hotels. I hope this makes sense. If you are interested in renting points or one of my current reservations send me an email at paul hairsine If you send a noteI can go into more detail about this to see if I can help you out

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter